Employee Health/Community Exposure Spec
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Under the general direction of the Director, Clinical Staff Services, the Employee Health/Community Exposure Specialist is responsible for planning, development, implementation, evaluation, and maintenance of health services to Dean Medical Group employees and physicians. Direct supervision of delegates at all Dean Medical Group sites in significant exposure prevention; timely exposure incident protocols; appropriate exposure follow-up; surrounding confidentiality; annual/BI-annual TB Screening; and required immunizations. The Employee Health/Community Risk Exposure Specialist is also responsible for random intake; work-up, counseling, referral, follow-up for all Community Significant Exposures.
1. Exhibit the values and philosophy of the Dean Medical Group in daily activities and perform job functions in accordance with Dean Medical Group policies.
2. Maintain and safeguard confidentiality of employee health records and related information.
3. Coordinate the pre-placement assessment and physical exam process for new employees, including assisting the employee health physician as needed.
4. Conduct health history update process for current employees, completing appropriate documentation and follow-up.
5. Provide health services to employees and physicians including, but not limited to, health assessments, follow-up of possible exposure to blood borne pathogens and infectious diseases, counseling, teaching, and inoculations. Initiate referrals for additional medical care when necessary.
6. Enforce employee health requirements by following-up on delinquent employee assessments, tuberculosis screening and other required procedures. Complete appropriate documentation to ensure information is current and retrievable.
7. Create, review and update policies & procedures. Act as an educational resource on employee health issues and promotion of health education program.
8. Identify and research health-related issues/problems affecting employees and follow-up with appropriate intervention, consulting internal and external resources as needed.
9. Works collaboratively with the Safety Manager and the Director of Clinical Staff Services in reviewing, monitoring, and following-up on employee incident reports. Identify any injury/illness trends and recommend intervention to promote effective safety control practices.
10. Works collaboratively with the Safety Manager in the administration of the Dean Medical Group s Worker s Compensation program and provide case management for complex cases.
11. Consult and assist supervisors and Administration in dealing with employees experiencing work-related health problems or injuries.
12. In collaboration with the Director of Clinical Staff Services, schedule, direct, organize, and oversee the daily operations of the department.
13. Review and evaluate current health service programs. Propose and develop appropriate changes in system and program.
14. Actively participate on teams, committees, and task forces as appointed. Collect data and complete required reports. Complete special projects and duties as assigned.
15. Acts as Chairperson for Employee Health Steering Committee.
16. Coordinate Community Exposure program in collaboration with Infectious Disease.
17. Assist with clerical functions.
18. Perform other duties as requested.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. Current RN licensure in the State of Wisconsin.
3. 3-5 years of clinical nursing experience.
4. General familiarity with employee health, infection controls, and safety programs required.
5. Must be supportive of a customer service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills.
6. Self-directed and with a high level of written and verbal communication sills to design, implement, and evaluate complex systems and programs.
1. Epic experience or previous experience with other electronic health records.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to sit or stand for extended periods.
2. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
3. Ability to see fine print and to use the computer.
4. Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as when working with instruments, patient care tasks, writing, computer or phone tasks.
5. Ability to safely lift up to 20 pounds and to push/pull up to 100 pounds when working with equipment, pushing wheelchairs or assisting with patient handling tasks.
6. Ability to bend/twist and crouch when performing various job tasks.
7. Ability to work with and to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment when working with blood borne pathogens or other chemicals.
8. Depending on location assigned, may need to be able to safely drive a personal vehicle on a weekly or daily basis.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
Associated topics: community participating, community service, customer experience, personalized support, priest, program staff, representative, resource specialist, staff, teacher
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , Employee Health/Community Exposure Spec, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!