Lab Service Engineer I
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation
Posted on: February 15, 2019
The Lab Service Engineer I is responsible for the commissioning and ongoing service for all clinical laboratory equipment and instrumentation. Primary service responsibilities include installation, calibration, maintenance, and repair of all clinical laboratory equipment. This includes both simple (e.g. shakers) and complex (e.g. liquid handling robotics) instrumentation. The individual in this role will continuously work with other Lab Service Engineers (LSE) and the clinical laboratory team to ensure proper instrument function and troubleshoot any system concerns.
The hours for this position are Wednesday - Saturday, 6:00am - 5:00pm or Wednesday - Saturday, 2:00pm - 1:00am.
- Commission new clinical laboratory equipment (e.g. centrifuges, liquid handling robots, shakers, etc.).
- Coordinate and/or perform instrument installations and qualifications per service policies.
- Maintain program for preventative maintenance (PM) and calibration of all laboratory equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting activities and provide Level 1 service. Coordinate with LSE II and vendors to address escalated service concerns.
- Travel may be required for training or to assist partner laboratories in service activities.
- Recommend and implement changes to ensure ongoing high quality performance of laboratory equipment.
- Perform all service activities in compliance with all relevant safety and regulatory bodies (e.g. OSHA, CLIA, etc.).
- Maintain and continuously develop personal knowledge and expertise related to the service of complex clinical laboratory equipment.
- Track all service activities utilizing system(s) developed in accordance with service policies and procedures. Ensure all service documentation is complete, timely, and accurate following Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills including the ability to easily convey concepts and priorities as well as ability to solicit feedback and inputs.
- Ability to employ gross motor and fine motor skills during the installation, servicing, and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time via car and air. Some overnight travel may be required.
Necessary Education & Experience
- Associates degree in technology, electronics, molecular biology, or related field required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering technology, molecular biology, or a related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of clinical laboratory service operations and activities.
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Ability to lift, carry, or otherwise move up to 40lbs.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation, Madison , Lab Service Engineer I, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!