Manager, Environmental Health and Safety
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Job DescriptionPosition Overview:-- Catalent is a leading provider of advanced technologies and outsourced services for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and consumer health industry. Catalent develops, manufactures, packages and distributes pharmaceutical and other products for customers in nearly 100 countries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=65rz3LwTPX8Manager, Environmental Health and SafetyPosition Summary Catalent is looking to recruit a Manager, Environmental Health and Safety to join a growing team in Madison, WI.The Manager, Environmental Health and Safety will guide and promote environmental, health and safety performance by developing environmental, health and safety systems, policies and procedures, campaigns and programs. The Manager, Environmental Health and Safety will help to prevent occupational injuries and illnesses, and enhance the overall site safety culture resulting in management engagement, employee involvement and the reduction in unsafe conditions and behaviors.In concert with Catalent---s Patient First philosophy and Corporate social responsibilities, this position is responsible for developing, implementing and continually improving Catalent---s Environmental, Health & Safety programs in a manner that reduces risk, prevents incidents and complies with external regulatory requirements to provide an environment that is safe and secure for employees, visitors and contractors.The Role
- Provide technical consultation that includes assessment and management of EH&S issues and risks arising from operations, to prevent incidents, protect company assets and business affairs.-- Inspect, assess, monitor, investigate and/or recommend corrective and preventative actions, conduct trend analysis, document compliance with standards, design programs and implement; accountable for incident handling and reporting of EH&S issues.
- Responsible for developing and deploying the site---s Crisis Management and Business continuity programs.
- Manage and develop the EH&S team of personnel (e.g., EH&S Specialist, EHS Committee and others).
- Assist and guide internal and external customers with regards to Environmental, Health, and Safety issues, including special projects, new products, and complaints or concerns.
- Advance the EH&S objectives and achievement of results through the engagement of appropriate stakeholders throughout the organization including the management and direction of the site safety committees.
- Ensure that complaints, incidents, compliance deviations and enforcement actions are fully investigated and work with other departments to ensure corrective and preventative measures are taken.The Candidate
- Bachelors of Science degree in Safety, Environmental Engineering or other relevant discipline, or a minimum of 10 years of directly relevant experience.
- Master---s Degree and/or relevant professional certifications a plus.
- Minimum 10 years EH&S experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Experience in the biotech, biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical or manufacturing industry a plusCatalent---s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and DevelopsPosition Benefits
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team
- Defined career path and annual performance review & feedback process
- Cross functional exposure to other areas of Catalent
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K are all offered from day one of employment
- 19 days of paid time off annually + 7 paid holidaysCatalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career!-- Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.-- ---- --Catalent. More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied. ---Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.---- --Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.------ --Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:--Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting.-- Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent.-- No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.-- Thank you.
Keywords: Catalent, Madison , Manager, Environmental Health and Safety, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!