Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Company: Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsi
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, 53562, United StatesJob ID: 44013634Posted: 10/04/2018Position Title: Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantCompany Name: Group Health Cooperative of South Central WisconsinSector: HMOEntry Level: falseJob Type: Full-TimeJob Duration: IndefiniteRequired Travel: 0-10%The Nurse Practitioner functions as an independent healthcare provider with an advanced degree of knowledge, skill and expertise in history taking, physical exam, treatment and clinical care management of members. The Nurse Practitioner provides patient education, assessment and treatment to members. The Nurse Practitioner works collaboratively with Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin's physicians to assist in providing care and treatment for members. The position works under the general direction, guidance, and supervision of the Clinic Site Chief, with additional accountabilities to the collaborating physicians, and the Medical Director of Clinical Affairs. Our members, not our profits, are our priority. We have a unique "cooperative" governance structure which works directly for our members.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Nursing with specialty preparation as a Nurse Practitioner. Certification complementary to practice area is required.
- Valid State of Wisconsin license to practice as a Registered Nurse and as a Nurse Practitioner required. Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber certification is desirable but not required.
- Possession of or eligibility for a valid Healthcare Provider CPR/AED certificate is required. Employee must obtain certification within four (4) months of employment.
- Knowledge of scientific, advanced practice nursing principles as a basis for quality decision-making required. Ability to adapt standard practices for care of specific cases required. Ability to recognize and identify medical symptoms and problems required. Current knowledge of and maintenance of nursing trends, techniques and certifications required.
The Physician Assistant position provides outpatient care in a primary care setting under the supervision of physicians consistent with relevant GHC-SCW policies and procedures and limited to the role of a physician assistant as defined by the State of Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services. The Physician Assistant functions as a healthcare provider with an advanced degree of knowledge, skill and expertise in history taking, physical exam, medical evaluation, treatment and clinical care management of members. The Physician Assistant serves under the general administrative supervision and direction of the Clinic Site Chief with additional accountabilities to Staff Physicians and the Medical Director - Clinical Affairs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an accredited Physician Assistant program required.
- Physician Assistant Certification by the State of Wisconsin under the rules of the Medical Examining Board required.
- Current (or ability to attain) membership in professional Physician Assistant organization(s) required.
- Possession of or eligibility for a valid Healthcare Provider CPR/AED certificate is required. Employee must obtain certification within four (4) months of employment. Our Mission Statement: To provide accessible, comprehensive, high quality healthcare and outstanding service in an efficient and personalized manner on a prepaid basis to persons in the GHC-SCW service area.
Our Vision: To be a leader among HMO's in providing high-quality medical care, impeccable service and competitive benefit levels and premium rates.
Our Common Values:
- Patient Centered: When health insurers and health care providers are brought together under one roof, we are better together. Our care team model focuses on supporting the needs of our patients/members and providing the best in safe, high quality coordinated health care. Members and their providers participate in making meaningful decisions that lead to better outcomes.
- Quality Driven: When members and their providers each participate meaningfully in the decisions that lead to better health care, we are better together. GHC-SCW continues its tradition of providing proactive health promotion and disease management outreach to our members to consistently achieve high quality health care accreditation.
- Innovation: When we work to lift each other up, show appreciation and collaborate in the best interests of the member, we are better together. GHC-SCW has made innovative advancements which include the implementation of an electronic medical records system (EMR) and GHC-SCW MyChart SM , access to innovative Complementary Medicine benefits and Wellness reimbursement services.
- Community Involved: When we join with our community to further the causes for which we share a common concern, we are better together. We are proud to promote programs that strengthen lives, and make our community a safer, stronger and healthier place to live and grow. GHC-SCW employees share their time and talent; and we recognize that the value of what we give is also what we gain - for our employees, our members and our community.
- Not for Profit Cooperative: When we share a common purpose, a common voice and a common vision, we are better together. We use our surpluses to improve clinics, enhance health care benefits and give back to the community. Our members, not our profits, are our priority. We have a unique "cooperative" governance structure which works directly for our members.
GHC-SCW is committed to fostering a caring and compassionate environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued. GHC-SCW is a quality driven cooperative built on collaboration, community involvement, innovation, and belonging. It is essential that all employees, members, and patients feel secure and welcome, that the opinions and contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard.
Healthcare is a human right.
In treating all people with dignity and respect.
There is strength in diversity.
Equity celebrates our humanity.
We are better together.
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GHC-SCW considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.PI105481926
Keywords: Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsi, Madison , Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!