Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber (APNP)-Mental Health
Company: Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsi
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, 53562, United StatesJob ID: 44013613Posted: 10/04/2018Position Title: Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber (APNP)-Mental HealthCompany Name: Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW)Sector: HMOEntry Level: falseJob Type: Full-TimeMin Education: BA/BS/UndergraduateMin Experience: 3-5 YearsRequired Travel: 0-10%Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW), Madison, WI, is seeking an Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber (APNP) to function as an independent healthcare provider with an advanced degree of knowledge, skill and expertise in history taking, physical and mental status exam, medical and psychiatric evaluation, treatment, and clinical management of members.
Job Description:The APNP provides outpatient mental health and psychiatric assessment, treatment, education and consultation services to patients seen in the Mental Health Department. The incumbent prescribes and manages psychotropic medications for patients as indicated, and works in a collaborative relationship with other GHC-SCW health care physicians and practitioners. The Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber receives clinical direction from, and collaborates with, the Medical Director for Behavioral Health, and receives administrative supervision and direction from the Director, Behavioral Health and Medical Specialty Services, with additional accountabilities to Staff Psychiatrists and the Chief Medical Officer.
The incumbent knows and abides by all Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The incumbent understands our Mission, Vision and Common Values (stated below) and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide accessible, comprehensive, high quality healthcare and outstanding service in an efficient and personalized manner on a prepaid basis to persons in the GHC-SCW service area.
To be a leader among HMO's in providing high-quality medical care, impeccable service and competitive benefit levels and premium rates.
GHC-SCW is committed to fostering a caring and compassionate environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued. GHC-SCW is a quality driven cooperative built on collaboration, community involvement, innovation, and belonging. It is essential that all employees, members, and patients feel secure and welcome, that the opinions and contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard.
- Healthcare is a human right.
- In treating all people with dignity and respect.
- There is strength in diversity.
- Equity celebrates our humanity.
- We are better together. JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid State of Wisconsin license to practice as a Registered Nurse required.
- Valid State of Wisconsin Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber (APNP) certification.
- Certification by the State of Wisconsin Medicaid/Health Forward program as an APNP and possession of a National Provider Identifier (NPI Number) for health care providers required.
- Current, national certification as a Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist in area complementary to practice area, such as psychiatric or mental health nursing, is required. Certifying agency must be approved by the State of Wisconsin. Current memberships in professional nursing associations preferred.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Nursing with specialty preparation as a Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist preferred.
- Possession of or eligibility for a valid Healthcare Provider CPR/AED certificate is required. Employee must obtain certification within four (4) months of employment.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in psychiatric/mental health nursing, including prescribing, preferred. Previous experience in managing emergency situations required. Additional education and experience to further develop skills and knowledge in specialty area required.
- Knowledge of scientific, advanced practice nursing principles as a basis for quality decision-making required. Ability to adapt standard practices for care of specific cases required. Ability to recognize and identify medical symptoms and problems required. Current knowledge of and maintenance of psychiatric nursing trends, techniques and certifications required.
- Strong knowledge of pharmacologic agents used in the treatment of and related to psychiatric conditions. Ability to prescribe medications, evaluate outcomes and modify medications/dosages, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of psychiatric and mental health counseling principles, processes and techniques required. Ability to perform patient assessment and design individualized patient action plans required. Ability to recognize and identify psychiatric symptoms and problems required.
- Ability to provide preventive services, care of episodic illness, and collaborative participation in the management of stable chronic illness required.
- Ability to adapt standard practices for care of specific cases and to coordinate patient care and follow-up required.
- Ability to provide culturally competent services and to work effectively with persons of diverse cultural backgrounds required.
- Knowledge of and ability to use personal computers. Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs. Ability to learn and use electronic medical record systems such as EPIC.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality required. Knowledge of medical records and appropriate documentation requirements. Knowledge of HIPAA requirements.
- Ability to work some evening hours and after hours on-call is required
To apply and learn more about GHC-SCW, visit ghcscw.com/careers.Inquiries can be directed to Karen Colwell at
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GHC-SCW considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.PI105481927
Keywords: Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsi, Madison , Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber (APNP)-Mental Health, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!