RN - Nursing Home - Day/PM/Night
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: October 11, 2018
*We have a $2000 sign-on bonus program for eligible positions.Role Purpose:
Responsible for providing skilled nursing care to residents according to established care plan and in compliance with federal and state regulations. Provides guidance and direction to ancillary staff.
- Quality Skilled Nursing Care: Provides quality care to acute, sub- acute, and chronically ill residents, administers medications and treatments according to standards of care, and maintains competency in all required nursing skills. Uses equipment according to standards of care and policy/procedure. Reports repair needs. Uses nursing process for: assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation. Report significant changes to physician as indicated.
- Medication Administration: Maintains accurate inventory of medications at the beginning and end of each shift. Ensures accurate distribution of medications to all residents according to the 5 rights. Monitors for medication side effects. Ensures that medications are provided in a manner consistent with manufacturer's guidelines. Completes form when taking medication from contingency supply. Notifies pharmacy of medication needs.
- Communication: Provides direction to CNAs and auxiliary staff. Monitors the workflow of the unit to ensure coordination of care. Participates in report meetings at the beginning and end of each shift. Acts as a resource for auxiliary staff regarding policies/procedures. Communicates with residents, guardians, and family members on the current condition and needs of residents in accordance with regulations and standards of practice. Provides teaching and training to residents and families as needed. Communicates resident needs to other departments as appropriate.
- Preventative Skin Care: Monitors that preventative measures are in place such as: specialty mattresses, foam boots, weekly skin checks, turning/repositioning schedules, toileting schedules, cushions in all wheelchairs. Follows up on CNA reports of rashes, open areas, edema, blisters, skin tears, or bleeding.
- Safety: Complies with safety policies/procedures to ensure safe practices for residents, staff, self and others. Ensures compliance with: gait belt use for all manually assisted transfers, locomotion/transfer, lifting devices, resident positioning, and always uses mechanical lift to lift resident from floor. Uses good body mechanics while on duty. Identifies wandering residents and responds to door alarms. Uses and disposes of sharps according to safety standards. Reports safety incidents, concerns, or hazards to supervisor or other responsible parties as indicated.
- Fall Prevention: Responds promptly to alarms. Ensures that restraint alternatives are in place/activated including: personal alarms, cushion alarms, wheelchair belts, tumble mats, alarm mats, bolstered beds, hip protectors. Remains alert to fall risks for residents and takes action to reduce fall risk.
- End of Life Care: Ensures quality end of life care. Uses comfort basket to meet resident and family needs. Ensures that hygiene, comfort, and spiritual needs are met. Treats pain/restlessness. Offers family courtesy meal trays and other amenities. Demonstrates compliance with post-mortem care procedures. Participates in departure ceremony.
- Infection Control: Complies with infection control standards during tour of duty including hand hygiene, appropriate use of personal protective equipment, and isolation precautions. Understands to use handwashing with soap and water when dealing with gastrointestinal illnesses. Maintains residents in isolation when indicated. Participates in mandatory vaccination programs. Does not work when contagious.
- Customer Service: Assists in answering call lights as soon as possible to meet resident needs in a timely manner. Avoids 'toxic' phrases while on duty. Takes action to correct customer service issue immediately. Understands how to use a 'Fix It Now' and uses when indicated.
- Documentation: Completes all assigned documentation requirements
including weekly summaries, medication/treatment administration, and documentation of resident condition. Keeps access code for computer confidential.
- Associates Degree in Registered Nursing or a related field.
- Licensure by the State of Wisconsin as a Registered Nurse.
- Previous health care experience, especially in a geriatric setting.
St. Mary's Care Center
St. Mary's Care Center is a 184-bed skilled nursing and rehabilitative facility located on the West side of Madison. Affiliated with St. Mary's Hospital, St. Mary's Care Center is recognized as a leader among Wisconsin nursing homes. We are committed to providing an excellent quality of life for each resident. St. Mary's Care Center offers award-winning clinical services in a caring and compassionate atmosphere. Many residents make the Care Center their year-round home. Some are with us for memory care, others for short-term rehabilitation services. In all cases, residents and their families take active roles in developing person-centered care plans.Qualifications
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , RN - Nursing Home - Day/PM/Night, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!