RN-Home Health and Hospice
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: November 20, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingWI-SSM Health at Home
Madison Walton Commons Worker Type: Regular Job Highlights: Sign-on
Bonus eligible! At SSM Health, we know the healing power of
presence begins with compassionate employees like you. Our hospice
team is dedicated to helping patients achieve the best quality of
life possible, managing symptoms, pain, and anxiety, while
providing emotional and spiritual support for our patients and
families. We are seeking a Hospice RN who is flexible, autonomous
and a self-starter with strong assessment, problem solving and
computer skills. In this position you will complete evening
admissions, travel to patients homes or facilities when needed for
symptomatic visits and end of life cares. This part-time position
will work approximately 24 hours per week, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM in the
Janesville & Madison territories. Join a network of employees just
as kind and powerful as you! Job Summary:Provides direct nursing
care in accordance with established policies, procedures and
protocols of the healthcare organization. Job Responsibilities and
Requirements: PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Driver
License - State of Work Location, Registered Nurse (RN) - State of
Work LocationWork Shift:Day Shift (United States of America) Job
Type: Employee Department: Madison Hospice Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Click here to learn more.
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , RN-Home Health and Hospice, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!