RN Home Health and Hospice
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: November 19, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling.WI-SSM Health at Home
Madison HammersleyWorker Type:RegularJob Summary:Coordinates,
facilitates and performs interdisciplinary plan of care through
assessment and evaluation of patient condition and effectiveness of
care under the direction of the attending physician by traveling to
patient homes, Community-Based Residential Facilities (CBRF),
assisted living locations, hospitals or other to meet patient and
family/caregivers, assess patient care needs, acuity in relation to
policies, procedures and regulations of home care and/or hospice
services.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:PRIMARY
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Collaborates, consults and communicates with physician
regarding the plan of care and changes to patient status. Provides
physician with regular updates on progress and recommends revision
of plan care, documents status and communication in adherence with
- Coordinates and communicates with multi-disciplinary team
members and outside agencies as appropriate to achieve expected
outcomes for patient care and education through end of life or
discharge, ensuring accurate and complete documentation and
coordination of unique care plan.
- Completes admission paperwork and verifies insurance
information. Completes a comprehensive medical assessment by
entering data into the clinical computer program. Ensures that
patient assessment is completed in a timely manner.
- Provides skilled nursing care within the established plan of
care, including performance of tasks such as taking vitals,
performing wound care, IV care, ostomy care, blood draws,
injections, and the physical assessment of the overall patient's
- Documents visit notes, treatments, and care. Follows visit
pattern according to physicians orders and ensures required visits
are completed in a timely manner. Ensures all documentation is
timely, accurate and complete in adherence to regulations.
- Collaborates with the patient, patient's family and healthcare
team to develop a comprehensive plan of care based on the unique
needs of the patient. Responds to calls from patients, family
members and others, completes follow-up to address needs, issues,
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing or education
equivalency for licensingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent driving.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Rare crawling and running.
-Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider
(BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Driver License -
State of Work Location, Driving Record - Motor Vehicle Report
(MVR), FUTURE - Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP)
within 90 days - American Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse
(RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork
Shift:Day Shift (United States of America)Job
Type:EmployeeDepartment:2902000176 Greater MadisonScheduled Weekly
Hours:32SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , RN Home Health and Hospice, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!