RN, Neuro/Trauma Intermediate Care (IMC), Part Time, Night Shift
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: November 19, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingWI-SSM Health St. Mary's
Hospital - MadisonWorker Type:RegularJob Highlights:At SSM Health,
we understand that as a nurse, you have a world of opportunities
before you. We're not just another option; we're a collaborative
community that values your unique talents and supports employee
professional development. If you are ready to take the next step in
your nursing journey, we invite you to apply now and join our team
where your talents can shine bright and your contributions will be
a valued part of helping us achieve exceptional patient care. We
look forward to learning more about you! Learn more about us
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental,
vision, life, disability insurance, 401K, HSA/FSA, and generous PTO
- Daily Pay for qualifying positions.
- Established employee recognition program.
- Commitment to employee wellness through our EAP, - well-being
checks with leaders, flexible work schedule where feasible, and
online wellness opportunities. - Select locations also offer free
on-site fitness center access, meditation rooms, and serenity
- A culture that supports professional development including
tuition reimbursement and discounts, participation in the Federal
Loan Forgiveness Program, professional development days,
opportunities for career advancement and much more!
- Employee discounts through our Thelma Sadoff Center for the
Arts. Corporate Membership - up to 40% off concert tickets,
classes, workshops, plus access to discounts at local and national
- 40% discount on eye glasses through SSM Health Eye Care Optical
Shops at select locations.
- Employee Relief Fund to help with life's unexpected financial
- Commitment to caring through philanthropy, volunteer
opportunities, and PTO donation program.Position DetailsA one-time
sign on bonus is available to qualified individuals for up to
$5,000 (less taxes) with a 2 year service commitment. Pay Details:
$37.74+, depending on experience, plus applicable night and weekend
shift differentialsSchedule: This is a part time night shift
position working a total of 30 hours per week, 60 hours per pay
period. The schedule will be 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. with an every
other weekend rotation and working two holidays annually.License
Requirement: Must have Wisconsin State issued RN licenseLocation:
-St. Mary's Hospital Madison700 S Brooks St, Madison, WI 53715
-Unit Information31 bed Neuroscience and Trauma Intermediate Care
UnitCertified Primary Stroke Center450 stroke cases per
yearNeurosurgery, Trauma, CapnographyTelemetry and Pulse Oximetry24
hour video Seizure and Epilepsy MonitoringNon-ICU Trauma UnitJob
Summary:Provides direct nursing care in settings where patients
require complex assessments and intervention, in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
organization.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:PRIMARY
- Obtains comprehensive data pertinent to the patient from the
patient, family other healthcare providers to develop a holistic
picture of the patient's needs or condition.
- Analyzes and synthesizes data from the assessment in
determining diagnosis or conditions relevant to care.
- Identifies optimal outcomes for the patient in collaboration
with the patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to
attain outcomes, using clinical judgement in collaboration with
patient, family and interprofessional care team.
- Implements the plan, employing strategies to promote and
maintain a safe environment, coordinates implementation with
patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Evaluates processes and progress toward attainment of goals and
- Contributes to the quality and effectiveness of nursing
practice, evaluates their own practice, and maintains current
knowledge and competence.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice, collaborates
with patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Uses clinical inquiry and integrates best evidence into
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to critical care nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on
patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing or education
equivalency for licensingEXPERIENCE
- No experience required
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life
Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association
(AHA), Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN) -
Medical Surgical Nursing Certification Board (MSNCB), Certified
Medical-Surgical RN (CMSRN) - American Association of Critical-Care
Nurses (AACN), Certified Oncology Nurse (OCN) - American
Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), Certified Oncology
Nurse - Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC),
Medical-Surgical Nurse-Board Certified (RN-BC) - American
Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), Medical-Surgical
Nursing Certification (RN-BC) - American Nurses Credentialing
Center (ANCC), Orthopedic Nurse Certified (ONC) - Orthopaedic
Nurses Certification Board (ONCB), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of
Work Location or Compact Multi-State License, Stroke Certified
Registered Nurse (SCRN) - American Board of Neuroscience Nursing
(ABNN), Vascular Access Certification (VA-BC) - Vascular Access
Certification Corporation (VACC)Work Shift:Night Shift (United
States of America)Job Type:EmployeeDepartment:1006000007 Neuro
Center (7SW)Scheduled Weekly Hours:30SSM Health is an equal
opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , RN, Neuro/Trauma Intermediate Care (IMC), Part Time, Night Shift, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!