Company: SSM Health
Posted on: November 18, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling.WI-SSM Health St. Mary's
Hospital - MadisonWorker Type:Regular Job Summary: Plans
coordinates and implements care to the adult patient in the Cardiac
Cath Lab. Ensures that quality care is provided in an efficient and
safe manner consistent with the unit's standards of care and
demonstrates competency skills appropriate to the clinical area.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements: PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs on the Cath Lab procedure team as circulator, scrub,
- Performs in holding by ensuring patient is correctly prepped
for the procedure. Ensures needed information, such as history and
physical (H&P), is timely.
- Utilizes critical judgment to analyze patient assessment and
administers medications on all patients, including the critically
ill patient and reports abnormal information to the physician in a
- Performs hemostasis safely and properly with or without
- Routinely enters patient orders and charges. Checks charges to
- Provides care of the critically ill patient with the ability to
function independently in a stressful situation.
- Routinely educates patients and families based on assessed
needs, documents education provided, and keeps them informed of
tests and treatments. Provides clear patient instruction on what to
expect during the perioperative procedure.
- Assists families to the cardiology area or cath lab area by
escorting when necessary.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing or education
equivalency for licensingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running. Licenses / Certifications: Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association (AHA),
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart
Association (AHA), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location
or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork Shift:Day Shift (United States
of America) Job Type: EmployeeDepartment:
ElectrophysiologyScheduled Weekly Hours:35 SSM Health is an equal
opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , RN-Electrophysiology Lab, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!