RN- Gastroenterology Clinic
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: November 17, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingWI-SSM Health Outpatient
CenterWorker Type:RegularJob Highlights:GI is comprised of 10
physicians, 5 APs, and a dietician. While this is a clinic based
position we do offer some support to our providers and patients at
Digestive Health Center and in the hospital. Clinic based
procedures include capsule endoscopy, esophageal and anorectal
manometry, and hydrogen/methane breathe tests.Job Summary:Provides
direct nursing care in accordance with established policies,
procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.Job
Responsibilities and Requirements:PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- May round with physician in an inpatient setting.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patient's age-specific
needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses
the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the
current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and
our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing or education
equivalency for licensing
- No experience required
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life
Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association
(AHA), FUTURE - Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP)
within 90 days - American Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse
(RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork
Shift:Day Shift (United States of America)Job
Type:EmployeeDepartment:7226020164 DSMOC GastroScheduled Weekly
Hours:40SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , RN- Gastroenterology Clinic, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!