Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Hiring for all positions full-time and PRN
Respiratory Therapist Career Opportunity
Respected and valued for your respiratory therapy skill set.
Are you looking for a career that's close to your heart and close
to home? For many of us, it's more than shorter commutes. At
Encompass Health, you'll feel at home, welcomed in like we've known
each other for years. Picture the opportunity to impact your
community by providing care and support and being part of inspiring
outcomes. Does that sound good to you? Good. Then you're in the
As a Respiratory Therapist, you know that small successes can have
the biggest impacts. Use your specialized skills to provide
high-quality, compassionate, individualized care for our patients,
allowing you time to get to know them and help them achieve their
goals during their rehabilitation journey. You'll have access to
the latest equipment and technology, and our team members are
motivated, supportive, welcoming and fun! Enjoy a rewarding career
and benefits package that starts the same day you do, giving you
the peace of mind and the work/life balance you deserve.
A little about us:
Whether you're building a foundation in your early career or are a
seasoned Respiratory Therapist looking for a better environment to
call home, we're confident you'll see the difference the moment you
join our team. Working at Encompass Health means working with a
growing national inpatient rehabilitation leader. We're proud of
our career growth opportunities and how our team members work
together for the greater good of our patients. We've also been
named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" and a Fortune 100
Best Companies to Work For(r) Award, among others, which is pretty
Our benefits start day one:
Affordable medical, dental and vision plans for full-time and
part-time employees and their families.
Generous paid time off that accrues over time.
Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock purchase plans.
Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
A community of people who love what they do. Yes, we see that as a
Be the Respiratory Therapist you've always wanted to be:
Provide direct care to patients in need of medical gas, breathing
therapy modality and medication.
Help patients by supervising care and breathing treatments, leading
patient assessments, creating personalized care plans and targeting
and resolving patient concerns.
Build rewarding relationships with patients by having the time to
learn about each patient's physical, mental and emotional needs to
help them recover.
Celebrate patient wins along the way.
Required Certifications and Licensures:
Current State License in Respiratory Therapy
ACLS certification preferred
Two years of Respiratory Therapy hospital experience
The Encompass Way
We proudly set the standard for excellence in care, leading with
empathy, doing what's right, focusing on the positive and remaining
stronger together. We're a recognized, trusted leader in post-acute
care with over 150 locations nationwide and 36,000 exceptional
people (and growing)!
Encompass Health is proud of our welcoming and inclusive culture.
We offer equal employment opportunities regardless of a person's
race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, religion, national origin, color, creed, age, mental
disability, physical disability or any other protected
We can't wait to meet with you and we mean that.
License or Certification:
- Current State License in Respiratory Therapy.
- CPR certification
- ACLS certification preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- 2 years hospital experience in Respiratory Therapy preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a
minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or
pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and
repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested
when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds
these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for
patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster
situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Keywords: Encompass Health, Madison , Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Waterloo, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!