Company: SSM Health
Posted on: September 17, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling.WI-SSM Health St. Mary's
Hospital - MadisonWorker Type:Regular Job Summary: Assists in
performing a variety of nursing care services for patients. Job
Responsibilities and Requirements: PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN)
in charge. Initiates delegated tasks based on demonstrated
competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient
age group served.
- Collects and documents data for the admission assessment and
reassessment at specific times for patient population. Documents
and provides appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for analysis and
validation of patient's response to care or treatment and when
significant change occurs in the patient's condition.
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information
via charting and communicating to team members.
- Informs licensed nurse of any changes in patient
condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant
other educational needs.
- Answers patients' calls for help, takes their vital signs, and
monitors their behavior and physical condition for progress or
deterioration. Assists with baths, ambulating, feeding, skin care,
personal and oral hygiene and making occupied and unoccupied beds.
Performs dressing changes, enemas, ostomy care, toileting, turning,
cough and deep breathing, catheter care, collection of biological
specimens, measuring and recording intake and output of
- Prepares patients for discharge and accompanies them upon
dismissal as indicated.
- Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment in keeping with
patient care needs and cost containment. Utilizes time and supplies
economically and conscientiously.
- Assists with delegated clerical duties such as answering
telephones, relaying messages, transcription of physician orders,
preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
- Orients new patients and significant others to the nursing
- Performs mechanical and manual operation of equipment as
recommended in user's manual, with ability to recognize common
mechanical problems and initiate appropriate corrective
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Passing grade on state of work location required
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less)
and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting,
squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving. Licenses / Certifications: Advanced
Unlicensed Assistant - Oklahoma Board of Nursing (OBN), Basic Life
Support (BLS) - American Heart Association (AHA), Basic Life
Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association
(AHA), Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) - Illinois Department of Public
Health (IDPH), Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) - Oklahoma State
Department of Health, Certified Nurse Assistant/Nurse Aide (CNA) -
American Red Cross, Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) - Missouri
Department of Health and Senior Services, Certified Nursing
Assistant (CNA) - Wisconsin Department of Health Services,
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry,
FUTURE - Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) within 90
days - American Heart Association (AHA)Work Shift:Rotating Shift
(United States of America) Job Type: EmployeeDepartment: Resource
PoolScheduled Weekly Hours:36 SSM Health is an equal opportunity
employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , CNA-Float, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!