CNA - Madison, WI, United States
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: May 28, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling.WI-SSM Health St. Mary's
Hospital - MadisonWorker Type:RegularJob Summary:Assists in
performing a variety of nursing care services for patients.Job
Responsibilities and Requirements:PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN)
in charge. - Initiates delegated tasks based on demonstrated
competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient
age group served.
- Collects and documents data for the admission assessment and
reassessment at specific times for patient population. - Documents
and provides appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for analysis and
validation of patient's response to care or treatment and when
significant change occurs in the patient's condition.
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information
via charting and communicating to team members.
- Informs licensed nurse of any changes in patient
condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant
other educational needs.
- Answers patients' calls for help, takes their vital signs, and
monitors - their behavior and physical condition for progress or
deterioration. - - Assists with baths, ambulating, feeding, skin
care, personal and oral hygiene and making occupied and unoccupied
beds. - Performs dressing changes, enemas, ostomy care, toileting,
turning, cough and deep breathing, catheter care, collection of
biological specimens, measuring and recording intake and output of
- Prepares patients for discharge and accompanies them upon
dismissal as indicated.
- Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment in keeping with
patient care needs and cost containment. - Utilizes time and
supplies economically and conscientiously.
- Assists with delegated clerical duties such as answering
telephones, relaying messages, transcription of physician orders,
preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
- Orients new patients and significant others to the nursing
- Performs mechanical and manual operation of equipment as
recommended in user's manual, with ability to recognize common
mechanical problems and initiate appropriate corrective
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Completion of an approved nurse aide training program and
passing grade on state of work location required examEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less)
and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting,
squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life Support
HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA),
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - State of Work LocationWork
Shift:Rotating Shift (United States of America)Job
Type:EmployeeDepartment:1001000007 Med/Surg (3SW)Scheduled Weekly
Hours:24SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights
laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability or sex.Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , CNA - Madison, WI, United States, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...