Physician PRN - Emergency Medicine- Waupun Memorial Hospital, WI
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: March 20, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling
WI-Waupun Memorial Hospital
Waupun Memorial Hospital is actively recruiting a PRN physician with Emergency Medicine experience to join our busy and collegial emergency department. The department currently consists of 7 physicians. The Emergency Department at Waupun Memorial Hospital is a Level IV facility with a range of 8,500- 10,000 visits per year. Lab, imaging (including CT Scanner and ultrasound) are readily available within the department as well as subspecialty.
? Current or ability to obtain an unrestricted WI medical license and DEA
? Family Medicine trained preferred, Internal Medicine trained with peds experience is acceptable
? Experience working in Emergency Medicine
? 12 hour shifts, days and evenings vary
? Collegial group of 7 ED physicians with specially trained RN support
? 24/7 specialty support on-site: surgery, orthopedics, cardiac, neurology and women's services
? SSM Affiliated with St. Agnes Hospital, Fond du Lac and St. Mary's Hospital, Madison for heart and cancer care
? Outpatient behavioral health services, occupational, and rehabilitation support available onsite
Waupun Memorial Hospital is a 25-bed hospital, which provides a full range of inpatient and outpatient services to Waupun and surrounding rural areas. The hospital was dedicated in 1951 as a tribute to veterans in both world wars and to serve the needs of the city of Waupun and its surrounding areas.
Waupun Memorial Hospital features a two-story provider clinic, consolidating all its provider services into one facility with a direct connection to the larger resources of the hospital.
A state-of-the-art surgery area features three high-tech operating rooms, an endoscopy procedure room (for procedures like colonoscopies), 11 pre/postoperative patient rooms, four post anesthesia recovery rooms and centralized sterile processing area. It also includes a private consultation and family waiting area with a separate vending/dining room.
Waupun Memorial Hospital's staff of associates and volunteers is dedicated to providing services in the areas of laboratory, cardiopulmonary, rehabilitation, radiology, ultrasound, MRI, surgical, emergency, outpatient dialysis, medical/surgical services, intensive care, obstetrics, pain medicine, ambulatory Infusion and anticoagulant services.
Waupun is nestled on the southern branch of the Rock River. Small town charm and a strong sense of community abound in this city of just over 11,000 people. Founded in 1839 by Seymour Wilcox, the first settler along the Rock River, the name Waupun comes from the Ojibwe word "Waubun" which means "dawn of day." The "b" became a "p" when the City's name was commissioned in 1840 and a spelling error was made. Today the area is known for its rich agricultural land, expanding industrial presence, commitment to quality schools, and an array of outdoor recreational opportunities that include the northern access points of the Horicon Marsh National Wildlife Refuge. Waupun is centrally located and is within a one-hour drive of three major cities of Milwaukee, Madison and Appleton, offering the accommodations of larger cities with a strong sense of local community.
Known as the City of Sculpture, Waupun is home to one of the largest collections of outdoor sculptures per capita in the United States many which were gifted to the city by Waupun Industrialist Clarence Shaler. The collection includes the world-renown End of the Trail sculpture by James Earl Frasier that depicts the plight of Native Americans. Regular live events bring both music and theatre venues to Waupun's Historic City Hall Auditorium, a building known for its old-world charm and incredible acoustics.
Waupun Memorial Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
* Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
* Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
* Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
* Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
* Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
* Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Variable Shift (United States of America)
40100045 ER PHYSICIANS - HOSP
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
It's more than a career, it's a calling
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , Physician PRN - Emergency Medicine- Waupun Memorial Hospital, WI, Healthcare , Waupun, Wisconsin
here to apply!