Med/Surg CNA (Per Diem)
Company: Edgerton Hospital and Health Services
Posted on: March 17, 2023
With a range of services - from emergency care to diagnostic
imaging, rehabilitation and surgery - we serve people of all ages
in Edgerton, Milton, Janesville and the surrounding communities.
Edgerton Hospital has been the center of the community's health
care since 1920, and we continue to grow and evolve in response to
changing medical needs.
Improving Health & Wellness for Longer, Healthier Lives
We will serve our communities with exceptional quality, innovative
health services and wellness promotion.
Integrity. Compassion. Accountability. Respect. Excellence.
Our CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) is a member of the Edgerton
Hospital healthcare team, who while working under the direct
supervision of the registered nurse will:
- Utilize critical thinking skills
- Organize and implement certain aspects of the plan of care,
such as checking vital signs, providing bath and hygiene care, meal
assistance, and assistance with ambulation and transfers.
- Communicate in a timely manner with the patient, family and
healthcare team and document care per protocol. Special Physical
- Full range of body motion and dexterity to allow for the
significant handling, transferring, pushing/pulling and lifting of
patients and equipment.
- The ability to frequently lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50
pounds and occasionally lift, carry, push, or pull over 50
- Independent mobility.
- Standing and walking 80-90% of the time and sitting 10-20% of
- Eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity, odor, color and
texture perception and discrimination, functional visual ability
and depth perception, functional sound perception and
discrimination, and functional verbal speech ability.
- Frequent bending, twisting, balancing, and reaching at/or above
shoulder level, as well as occasional kneeling and climbing.
- Ability to wear gloves and other protective equipment.
- Working irregular hours. Special Mental Demands
- The ability to deal with pressure to meet deadlines, to be
accurate, to handle constantly changing situations and to create a
positive work environment.
- The ability to deal with a variety of people, deal with
stressful situations, and handle conflict.
- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a
professional manner, to gain new skills and knowledge necessary for
the performance of essential job functions, and to give, receive,
and analyze information. Working Conditions
- Exposure to disagreeable odors, communicable diseases, and
bodily fluids; exposure to the chemical compounds of medications
and treatments; exposure to chemicals such as disinfectants,
cleaners, soaps, etc.; exposure to latex, plastic and other
materials used for personal protective equipment; exposure to noise
and distractions; exposure to unpredictable behaviors.
- Exposure to crisis situations.
- Exposure to hazardous/infectious waste.
- Occasional exposure to radiation.
- Occasional exposure to anesthetic agents. Equipment To Be Used
- Use equipment such as suction machines, oxygen delivery
systems, hoyer lifts and other transfer devices, ECG machines and
telemetry/NIBP/oximetry monitoring systems, bladder scanner, AED,
SCD's; use of office equipment such as telephone, copy machine,
fax, paging system, computer and printer. Non-essential Functions
- Consistently be a positive influence, not only as a team leader
and provide excellent customer service based on the ICARE values,
mission and vision of the facility.
- Maintains organized clean work areas and adjusts as priorities
- Accepts direction and correction positively.
- Participates in continuing education.
- Demonstrates knowledge/function/routines of other
- Orders and restocks supplies appropriately and verifies
outdates in doing so.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports non-functioning equipment to proper personnel.
- Nursing Assistant Certification Required
Keywords: Edgerton Hospital and Health Services, Madison , Med/Surg CNA (Per Diem), Healthcare , Edgerton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...