Medical Technologist I - Clinical Pathology
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Company Overview:At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science
to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that
delivers answers for crucial health questions -because we know that
knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through
our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we
provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower
patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and
pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here,
you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in
more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact
on people's lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.About the
Team: The Clinical Pathology Services department for Early
Development focuses on animal health using bodily fluids, such as
blood and urine, for analysis utilizing automated analyzers in the
fields of chemistry, hematology, urinalysis and coagulation. The
data that is produced is then utilized and reviewed/interpreted by
certified clinical pathologists to determine if a proposed drug had
any in vivo effects. This is an excellent career alternative
outside of a hospital or clinic for candidates pursuing their
Medical Technologist degree. What to Expect:
- Perform standard clinical laboratory testing (hematology,
coagulation, urinalysis, and chemistry) accurately and in a timely
- Prepare workstation and instrumentation for the assigned
- Receive, open and place in service all reagents according to
- Prepare and properly label reagents and document according to
- Operate instruments to perform testing in accordance with
established written procedures.
- Process and ship samples according to study specific
- Evaluates and solves problems related to the collection and
processing of specimens.
- Ensure the validity of test results through the performance of
established quality control procedures. Interpret quality control
results according to established departmental procedures.
- Prepare quality control material accurately.
- Perform basic instrument and equipment troubleshooting with
- Regulatory compliance
- Comply with regulatory guidelines, Universal Precautions and
Covance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all times.How you
will be Rewarded:
- Sign on Bonus Eligible Position
- Work primarily 1st shift, with some overtime and occasional
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending
on start date)
- Have access to other great benefits including: tuition
reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company
match and of course medical and dental insurance.You'll have access
to growth opportunitiesWith the support of exceptional people from
across the globe, you'll be empowered to own your career journey
- Formal and informal mentoring opportunities.
- Extensive training and job shadowing opportunities.
- Personalized development planning.
- Exposure to many drug development scientific career
- Medical Technician (MT)- Associate's degree in medical
laboratory technology, or 60 semester hours from an accredited
institution that includes the following:
- 24 semester hours in medical laboratory technology courses
- 6 semester hours in chemistry, 6 semester hours in biology, and
twelve semester hours in combination of chemistry, biology, or
- Medical Technologist (MLT)- Bachelor's degree and completion of
at least a 12-month training program in Medical Technology
- Bachelors of Science degree in relevant biological or chemistry
discipline- with minimum of 2 years working experience in a
research and/or academic laboratory.Labcorp is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer:As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will
not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's
race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.For more
information about how we collect and store your personal data,
please see our Privacy Statement .
Keywords: Labcorp, Madison , Medical Technologist I - Clinical Pathology, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!