Clinical Team Manager
Company: Journey Mental Health Center
Posted on: January 26, 2023
POSITION OVERVIEW We have an opening for a Clinical Team Manager
in our Outpatient Services program! The Clinical Team Manager (CTM)
is responsible for management of the day-to-day functioning and
programming within Clinic Based Services. Oversight will include
Family Based Services, Family Preservation Program, Clinica Latina,
Ujima Program, the Clinical Assessment Unit and Alternate
Sanctions. In close coordination with the Director of Clinic Based
Services (DCBS) and the Clinic Based Services management team, the
CTM provides direction, leadership, support and backup to the Team
Leaders within these programs and overall staff to ensure the
efficient, consistent and smooth functioning of Clinic Based
Services. The CTM leads efforts in clinical program development
including programmatic efforts to meet the needs of current
contracts and funders. The CTM has a yearly service hour
expectation of 180 hours with a focused caseload on the commercial
population. Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the agency's belief
that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for
services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the
diverse needs of our consumers. It is important that we choose
employees that reflect our mission, vision and values, thus our
selection process is thorough and sometimes longer than other
employers. Thank you in advance for providing us with complete and
accurate application materials and for your patience when waiting
to hear from us. Though you may have excellent experience, strong
work ethic and passion for recovery, due to our funding contractual
agreements, candidates we hire must meet the Essential
Qualifications specified in the job postings in order to be offered
an interview. Please review the qualifications carefully. We
wouldn't want you to put effort into your application materials if
you don't meet the essential qualifications. You can read about the
many benefits of working at JMHC on our careers page. FOLLOWING IS
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The Clinical Team Manager reports directly
to the Director of Clinic Based Services and may assume other
duties as assigned. Minimum annual service hours are 240.
QUALIFICATIONS ESSENTIAL Education/Licensure
- Master's degree in related behavioral health field.
- Licensed as an PhD, PsyD, LMFT, LPC or LCSW, and meets relevant
licensing requirements for billable services and supervision for
mental health and/or substance use disorder services. Experience
- Clinical supervision experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of contract compliance issues in
substance use disorder, family based and adult mental health
- Ability to work in collaboration with a variety of behavioral
health disciplines including case managers, psychotherapists,
psychiatric nurses and prescribers.
- Demonstrated commitment to vision and values of JMHC.
- Knowledge and ability to demonstrate skill in providing
culturally sensitive, trauma informed staff development and
supervision within large systems both inside and outside the
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be a flexible and creative participant in a changing
- Possession of a valid driver's license, a favorable driving
record, adequate insurance (per WI law) and access to an automobile
and willingness to use it for work (i.e., transporting consumers).
Working Conditions May require evening or weekend hours depending
on program and consumer's needs Typical Physical Demands Requires
driving, sitting, standing, light lifting, bending, and reaching;
and the ability to use and operate standard office equipment,
including computer, calculator, phone, printer, cell phone,
facsimile, etc. PREFERRED
- Licensed as a CSAC, SAC or SUD specialty.
- Experience working with children, families and adults with
serious mental health and/or substance use concerns in a community
- Management experience in a human service provider agency.
- Working knowledge of State of WI OWI assessment, OWI treatment
court and drug court.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally.
- Fluency in Spanish. RESPONSIBILITIES A. Management and Delivery
of Clinical Services
- Coordinate recruitment, hiring, supervision and training of new
staff including efforts to hire and retain a diversified
- Work closely with all members of the clinic-based management
team and DCBS in the planning, development and operation of
clinical services for adults, families, adolescents and children
receiving substance use disorder and/or mental health
- Coordinate with the program Team Leaders and DCBS to determine
personnel decisions of promotion, disciplinary action, terminations
and leaves of absence for staff.
- Monitor service contracts, and guide clinical services to
ensure contracts expectations are being met on a regular basis
- Ensure that program services are trauma informed, recovery
oriented, and culturally sensitive through staff development and
- Coordinate services with other JMHC programs and services
including Records, Emergency Services Unit and the Clinical
- Work with the DCBS to ensure relevant clinical interests are
represented at community consortiums, meetings and workgroups.
- Provide clinical supervision to program Team Leaders. B.
Quality Improvement and Administration
- Oversee service compliance with state licensing,
certifications, and billing regulations, especially regarding the
required documentation in consumer treatment records.
- In conjunction with the clinic-based management team provide
day-to- day oversight of clinic-based services clinical performance
ensuring adherence to clinical standards of care.
- In conjunction with the DCBS, provide interpretation of agency
mission, values, and policies and support staff understanding and
- Provide oversight of process improvement change projects and
support staff input into changes in processes and services.
- Convene, facilitate and participate in program staff
- Provide direct supervision to program Team Leaders and Program
- In collaboration with the DCBS oversee the Outpatient budget.
C. Community Advocacy and Public Relations
- Represent the agency and program mission and values to other
agencies, funding sources, and the general public.
- Provide expert testimony about mental health, substance use
disorders, trauma informed services, and related issues to
policy-making groups, funding groups, and other meetings, as
- Ensure positive and productive working relationships with other
providers. The above statements are not to be interpreted as an
exhaustive list but are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by this employee.Apply Online Now
Keywords: Journey Mental Health Center, Madison , Clinical Team Manager, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!