Company: Dean Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Responsible for providing skilled nursing care to residents
according to established care plan and in compliance with federal
and state regulations. Provides guidance and direction to ancillary
* Provides quality care to acute, subacute, and chronically ill
residents, administers medications and treatments according to
standards of care, and maintains competency in all required nursing
* Provides direction to CNAs and monitors the workflow of the unit
to ensure coordination of care. Uses nursing process for:
assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and
evaluation. Report significant changes to physician as
* Maintains accurate inventory of medications at the beginning and
end of each shift. Ensures accurate distribution of medications to
all residents according to the 5 rights. Monitors for medication
side effects. Ensures that medications are provided in a manner
consistent with manufacturer's guidelines.
* Gives guidance and direction to auxiliary staff. Participates in
report meetings at the beginning and end of each shift.
Communicates with residents, guardians, and family members on the
current condition and needs of residents in accordance with
regulations and standards of practice. Provides teaching and
training to residents and families as needed.
* Ensures that preventative measures are in place such as:
specialty mattresses, foam boots, weekly skin checks,
turning/repositioning schedules, toileting schedules, and cushions
in all wheelchairs. Follows up on reports of rashes, open areas,
edema, blisters, skin tears, or bleeding.
* Responds promptly to alarms. Ensures that restraint alternatives
are in place/activated including: personal alarms, cushion alarms,
wheelchair belts, tumble mats, alarm mats, bolstered beds, hip
* Provides and ensure quality end of life care. Uses comfort basket
to meet resident and family needs. Ensures hygiene, comfort, and
spiritual needs are met. Treats pain/restlessness. Offers family
courtesy meal trays and other amenities. Demonstrates compliance
with post-mortem care procedures. Participates in departure
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* May perform point of care testing according to policies and
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
* No experience required
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: Dean Health, Madison , RN-LTC, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!