Company: SSM Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingWI-SSM Health St. Mary's
Hospital - MadisonWorker Type:RegularJob Highlights:Sign On Bonus
Eligible !30 bed surgical intermediate care unit that provides care
for patients undergoing major cardiovascular, thoracic, abdominal,
peripheral, vascular, tracheostomy, and trauma-related surgeries;
cardioversion, ENT procedures, trauma, patients requiring CVP
and/or arterial line monitor. Services include telemetry and
continuous pulse oximetry monitoring.Staff requirements are BLS and
ACLS for RNs.Job Summary:Provides direct nursing care in settings
where patients require complex assessments and intervention, in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization.Job Responsibilities and
- Obtains comprehensive data pertinent to the patient from the
patient, family other healthcare providers to develop a holistic
picture of the patient's needs or condition.
- Analyzes and synthesizes data from the assessment in
determining diagnosis or conditions relevant to care.
- Identifies optimal outcomes for the patient in collaboration
with the patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to
attain outcomes, using clinical judgement in collaboration with
patient, family and interprofessional care team.
- Implements the plan, employing strategies to promote and
maintain a safe environment, coordinates implementation with
patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Evaluates processes and progress toward attainment of goals and
- Contributes to the quality and effectiveness of nursing
practice, evaluates their own practice, and maintains current
knowledge and competence.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice, collaborates
with patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Uses clinical inquiry and integrates best evidence into
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to critical care nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on
patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association (AHA),
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart
Association (AHA), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - American
Academy Pediatrics (AAP), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) -
American Heart Association (AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support
(PALS) - American Academy Pediatrics (AAP), Pediatric Advanced Life
Support (PALS) - American Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse
(RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork
Shift:Night Shift (United States of America)Job
Type:EmployeeDepartment:1005000007 5E Cardiovascular CaScheduled
Weekly Hours:24SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil
rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability or sex.Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , Cardiovascular RN, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!