Company: SSM Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling.WI-Christian Home &
Rehabilitation CenterWorker Type:RegularJob Summary:Responsible for
providing skilled nursing care to residents according to
established care plan and in compliance with federal and state
regulations. Provides guidance and direction to ancillary staff.Job
Responsibilities and Requirements:PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides quality care to acute, subacute, and chronically ill
residents, administers medications and treatments according to
standards of care, and maintains competency in all required nursing
- Provides direction to CNAs and monitors the workflow of the
unit to ensure coordination of care. Uses nursing process for:
assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and
evaluation. Report significant changes to physician as
- Maintains accurate inventory of medications at the beginning
and end of each shift. Ensures accurate distribution of medications
to all residents according to the 5 rights. Monitors for medication
side effects. Ensures that medications are provided in a manner
consistent with manufacturer's guidelines.
- Gives guidance and direction to auxiliary staff. Participates
in report meetings at the beginning and end of each shift.
Communicates with residents, guardians, and family members on the
current condition and needs of residents in accordance with
regulations and standards of practice. Provides teaching and
training to residents and families as needed.
- Ensures that preventative measures are in place such as:
specialty mattresses, foam boots, weekly skin checks,
turning/repositioning schedules, toileting schedules, and cushions
in all wheelchairs. Follows up on reports of rashes, open areas,
edema, blisters, skin tears, or bleeding.
- Responds promptly to alarms. Ensures that restraint
alternatives are in place/activated including: personal alarms,
cushion alarms, wheelchair belts, tumble mats, alarm mats,
bolstered beds, hip protectors.
- Provides and ensure quality end of life care. Uses comfort
basket to meet resident and family needs. Ensures hygiene, comfort,
and spiritual needs are met. Treats pain/restlessness. Offers
family courtesy meal trays and other amenities. Demonstrates
compliance with post-mortem care procedures. Participates in
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life
Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association
(AHA), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact
Multi-State LicenseWork Shift:Evening Shift (United States of
America)Job Type:EmployeeDepartment:1800000051 NURSING -
SNFScheduled Weekly Hours:32SSM Health complies with applicable
Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.Learn more
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , RN-LTC, Healthcare , Waupun, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!