Patient Transfer Center RN
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling.WI-SSM Health West
BeltlineWorker Type:RegularJob Summary:Responsible at the Region
level for facilitating appropriate patient transfers into SSM
Health from other healthcare facilities, physician offices and
clinics.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:PRIMARY
- Practices in customer centric Transfer Center, responsible for
facilitating, tracking and documenting all hospital transfers.
- Responds to phone calls quickly, demonstrating good customer
service skills and manages the call queue, maintains composure and
customer-centric communication with challenging callers.
- Collaborates with the appropriate facility based on services
required, geography, facility capacity/capability, and obtains
appropriate medical and administrative approvals.
- Follows specific protocols, policies, and utilizes established
resources demonstrating an understanding of the program
requirements including regulatory requirements for Emergency
Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA).
- Relays information concerning the medical condition of the
patient and the estimated time of arrival, to prepare physicians
and facilities to receive patients, this includes working
collaboratively with patient placement and other team members
ensuring appropriate patient admission and placement and to
implement plan of care.
- Uses problem solving skills, combined with established
department processes to determine the best course of action which
will be satisfactory to the patient, the physician, and the
- Enters and maintains accurate database of information for
transferred patients. Accurately documents and monitors all
activities associated with the transfer from the initial physician
referral to inpatient admission and patient placement.
- Establishes and maintains a high degree of awareness and
knowledge and relationships of hospitals' medical staff, services,
and special programs, as well as with participating affiliate and
rural partners for SSM Health.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses
the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the
current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and
our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Five years registered nurse experience in acute care hospital
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.Licenses / Certifications:Registered Nurse (RN) -
State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork
Shift:Rotating Shift (United States of America)Job
Type:EmployeeDepartment:8092010069 Transfer Center WIScheduled
Weekly Hours:32SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil
rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability or sex.Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , Patient Transfer Center RN, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!