Company: SSM Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Compassion Respect Excellence Stewardship - CommunityDo these
values resonate with you? If so, join our team and fulfill your
calling!Looking for a Supervisor opportunity where patients come
first, and you are valued as a team member? Do you have leadership
experience in the Hospice field? As a Hospice Supervisor, you will
be a vital member of the care team for our patients based out of
the Madison area covering all Southern WI branches. At SSM Health,
we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate
people like you. *This position is Full-time, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM
- 5:00 PM, including on-call/holiday rotation with other Hospice
leaders in WI. *Potential for Relocation benefits.Coordinates daily
operations with manager and/or administrator and leadership team to
ensure implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient
care for assigned home care and/or hospice ministry.PRIMARY
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support
staff during assigned shift in making patient and staff
assignments. Completes and/or contributes to performance
evaluations of staff. Serves as a resource to the staff. Performs
patient visits as needed.
- Manages patient flow within assigned area. Provides support and
coordination for patient emergencies. Functions as clinical manager
during operating hours, as assigned.
- Coordinates patient care and referrals, assuring patient needs
are continually assessed and individualized plan of care is
developed, implemented and updated. Evaluates the effectiveness of
patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through
- May be the pre-designated manager and/or alternate
administrator of a Medicare provider number during all operating
hours as assigned. When written authorization obtained may be
designated alternate administrator, reviews written administrator
obligations and receives appropriate orientation of
- Provides support and coordination for patient emergencies.
Opens and leads incident command for internal or external disasters
until relieved by assigned administrative representative.
- May perform or provide input for hiring, training, directing,
developing and evaluating staff.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Two years' registered nurse experience, with demonstrated
progressive leadership responsibilityPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
- Frequent Driving.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , RN-Supervisor Hospice, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!