Registered Nurse - Emergency Room
Company: Reedsburg Area Medical Center
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Reedsburg Area Medical Center is currently recruiting an RN to
join our team in the Emergency Room Department! Shift: 7 a.m. - 7
p.m. or 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. Hours: 24 per week Schedule: Rotating days,
every third weekend Benefits: Absolutely!
- JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- Position Summary:
- Assists with patient care based on individual patient needs
within the scope of practice under the direct supervision of the
- Education and Training Required:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current BLS certification.
- LPN, CNA or Paramedic license/certificate preferred.
- Current EMT certification or EMT-I considered or completed the
first year of 2-year RN program.
- Basic arrhythmia course (may obtain within one year of
- Medical terminology
- One (1) year of experience in an acute care hospital setting or
in ambulance preferred.
- Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure
- Ability to speak effectively before patients, families and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in writing, oral and diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Physical Requirements:
- Physical Demands:
- Occasionally sits at desk.
- Frequently stands and walks to perform tasks.
- Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds of materials such as
patients and equipment, or while transferring and positioning
patients and equipment.
- Occasionally pushes and/or pulls with up to 50 pounds of force
when moving carts and other equipment.
- Occasionally carries up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally requires lifting overhead while doing procedures
and working with monitors.
- Frequently bend to the floor, squat to handle linen, assist
with patient care, and retrieve supplies.
- A continuous good balance for patient safety.
- Frequently requires using fine motor skills for the operation
of needles, syringes, vials, clinical devices and supplies,
computers, monitors, and telephone equipment.
- Continuously requires visual acuity with correction to 20/40 to
read written and computer information.
- Frequent near sighted and visual acuity is needed for computer
work, reading monitors and other equipment.
- Continuously requires the visual acuity to be able to do
special perception, peripheral vision, depth perception, perceive
color differences and accommodation to provide safe patient
- Frequently requires effectively communicating with other staff,
physicians, volunteers and customers using hearing skills,
comprehensive speech, simple writing, and simple reading
- Frequently communicates utilizing various methods available:
telephone, paging, email, print, or in person.
- Frequently requires recognizing and using medical
- Occasionally uses simple math skills for performing medication
- Environmental Conditions:
- Continuously works indoors, in the patient environment with
occasional unpleasant noises or smells.
- Occasionally need to go outside to help transport patients into
- Frequently is exposed to glare from computer screens.
- Potential Hazards:
- OSHA Blood Borne Classification Class I.
- Frequent exposure to infectious blood and body fluids and
disease requiring isolation inherent to caring for ill
- Occasional exposure to blood/body fluids and
needles/syringes/sharps during invasive procedures and
- Occasional exposure to chemical compounds of medications and
- Psychological, Situational, Functional Factors:
- Occasionally performs work independently under stressful
- Occasionally requires managing of conflict and difficult
situations related to department.
- Frequently requires using flexibility in prioritizing,
changing, and performing assigned tasks.
- Continuously requires using appropriate interpersonal skills
when working with others.
- Continuously performs tasks within assigned timeframe, with
consistency and accuracy.
- Occasionally requires maintaining of concentration while
performing prolonged job tasks.
- Occasionally requires using influential skills when dealing
with patients, families and peers.
Keywords: Reedsburg Area Medical Center, Madison , Registered Nurse - Emergency Room, Healthcare , Reedsburg, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!