RN-Admission, Home Health
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Sign-on Bonus Available!At SSM Health at Home, we offer a range
of services all with one goal: to keep our patients as safe and
independent as possible at home. We are seeking an Admissions RN
for our Home Health team who is flexible, autonomous and a
self-starter with strong assessment, problem solving and computer
skills.This full-time position will work Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM -
4:30 PM, including alternating weekends, holidays, and
on-call.Coordinates, facilitates and performs patient admission by
traveling to patient homes, Community-Based Residential Facilities
(CBRF), assisted living locations, hospitals or other to meet
patient and family/caregivers, assess patient care needs, acuity in
relation to regulations of home care and/or hospice
- Collaborates with the nursing staff and multidisciplinary team
members to place patient in appropriate level of care to achieve
- Completes admission paperwork and verifies insurance
information. Completes a comprehensive medical assessment by
entering data into the clinical computer program. Ensures that
patient assessment is completed in a timely manner.
- Provides information, instruction and education to the patient,
patient family members and caregivers in proper care.
- Contacts and consults with the physicians to notify and
communicate significant needs at the start of care and to obtain
orders. Documents any verbal orders for the start of care.
- Communicates the patients plan of care for nursing, therapy,
social services and other disciplines and services following the
initial assessment with appropriate staff and the physician.
Coordinates the transfer of the patient to the appropriate
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses
the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the
current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and
our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
- Frequent Driving.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , RN-Admission, Home Health, Healthcare , Columbus, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!