RN-Progressive Care Unit
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Provides direct nursing care in settings where patients require
complex assessments and intervention, in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
- Obtains comprehensive data pertinent to the patient from the
patient, family other healthcare providers to develop a holistic
picture of the patients needs or condition.
- Analyzes and synthesizes data from the assessment in
determining diagnosis or conditions relevant to care.
- Identifies optimal outcomes for the patient in collaboration
with the patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to
attain outcomes, using clinical judgement in collaboration with
patient, family and interprofessional care team.
- Implements the plan, employing strategies to promote and
maintain a safe environment, coordinates implementation with
patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Evaluates processes and progress toward attainment of goals and
- Contributes to the quality and effectiveness of nursing
practice, evaluates their own practice, and maintains current
knowledge and competence.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice, collaborates
with patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Uses clinical inquiry and integrates best evidence into
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to critical care nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patients
age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , RN-Progressive Care Unit, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!