Registered Nurse (RN) - OB
Company: Mile Bluff Medical Center
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionGeneral Information:Job title: Registered
NurseDepartment: OBShift/Schedule: Full-time Night Shift, 72 hours
per pay period; three, 12 hour shifts per weekWeekends: rotating
weekendsHolidays: Holiday RotationPosition Summary:Provides quality
nursing care for maternal and newborn patients. Cooperates with
other professional staff to provide services that reflect the
caring philosophy of the hospital. Position Responsibilities:
- Completes initial nursing histories, assesses patient's
conditions, and develops individual plan of care for patients
assigned to the unit and intermediate EFM 6-12 months.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcome, consults with
other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care processes as
indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Accurately administers medications and performs procedures that
cannot be delegated.
- Assesses labor progression.
- Manages induction of labor and cervical ripening.
- Deals competently with medical emergencies including prolapsed
cord, breech deliver, postpartum hemorrhage, precipitous delivery,
uterine rupture, management of meconium, abruptio placenta, and
- Performs and accurately interrupts fetal heart monitoring.
- Makes assessment of labor progress using Friedman labor
- Manages pregnancy related concerns such as hypertension and
- Initiates intravenous therapy and use of infusion pumps.
- Participates in emergency drug administration.
- Assists with vacuum extractor and/or forceps deliveries.
- Assesses condition of the newborn and recognizes situations of
heightened surveillance or situations that require a higher level
- Performs neonatal resuscitation and assists with intubation
within scope of practice.
- Recognizes and manages neonatal sepsis.
- Cares for preterm infants and others with special problems
within scope of practice.
- Performs gavage feeding if required.
- Monitors for neonatal hypoglycemia.
- Other duties requested within scope of practice.Position
- Current Wisconsin Nursing License. RNs with an active Compact
Licensure to obtain a Wisconsin RN license within 90 days of
relocating to Wisconsin.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- AHA BLS within 1 month of hire
- NRP within 1 year of hire
- Stable ALSO within 2 years of hire
- ACLS preferredRequired Skills:
- Demonstrated competencies in the care of antepartum,
intrapartum, and postpartum patient and newborn.
- Ability to function independently, and as part of a team
- Empathy for the needs of patients
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, with ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to demonstrate clinical competence and maintain
knowledge in caring for newborn through geriatric patients
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Mile Bluff Medical Center, Madison , Registered Nurse (RN) - OB, Healthcare , Mauston, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!