Health Psychologist - Adult Transplant
Company: UW Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Join our REMARKABLE Healthcare team as a Clinical Health
Psychologist. Provide clinical services to adult patients
undergoing organ transplant at our highly-regarded and growing UW
Health Transplant Center.We are seeking a Health Psychologist
- Conduct pre-transplant evaluations.
- Provide group and individual health and behavior interventions
to patients throughout their transplant journey in both outpatient
and inpatient medical settings.
- Work as part of the interdisciplinary Transplant Healthcare
- Potentially participate in supervision of Health Psychology
trainees and contribute to program development.
- Work a hybrid of remote (work from home) and in person work for
some of the outpatient services this position will
Minimum - Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Psychology (Psy.D.) in
Clinical Psychology or related field.Work Experience :
Minimum - One (1) year of post-doc experience in the area of
Behavioral Health in a medical setting.Preferred - One (1) year of
clinical experience or two (2) years of post-doctoral experience in
the area of Health Psychology in a medical setting.Licenses and
- Licensure or eligible for licensure as a Psychologist in
- Licensure as a Psychologist in Illinois required within one
year of hire
- CPR/BLS.Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities :
- Eligible for listing in the National Register of Health Service
Providers in Psychology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide post-doctoral graduate and undergraduate
training, including formal lectures and seminars, to Psychology
interns, medical students, and residents in areas related to Health
- Ability to effectively supervise the work of Psychology
interns, medical students, and residents.
- Ability to provide clinical service to a wide range of ages and
to persons having any number of health-related issues, including
chronic illness, traumatic injury, physical disability, mental
illness, and end-of-life decision making.
- Ability to identify emotional, behavioral and psychosocial
needs and strengths and integrate into care plan.
- Ability to contribute to program development and outcome
- Ability to provide Health Psychology consultation for health
care professionals, family members, and patients.Physical
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent
lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.Our
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and
anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity,
Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in
patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work
to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each
employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications
from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals,
LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with disabilities,
military service members and veterans are strongly encouraged. EOE,
including disability/veterans.W ork Schedule :
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position scheduled to work
Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. There is s ome
remote (work from home) opportunity for some of the outpatient
services this position will provide. Hours may vary based on the
needs of the department.University Hospital in Madison is a Magnet
--designated facility that's ranked Wisconsin's #1 hospital and
considered one of the nation's leading hospitals, teaching
institutions and referral centers.
UW Hospital and Clinics benefits
Keywords: UW Health, Madison , Health Psychologist - Adult Transplant, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!