RN - Acute Care (Full Time Days)
Company: Sauk Prairie Healthcare
Location: Prairie Du Sac
Posted on: January 15, 2022
POSITION SPECIFICSTitle: RN - Acute CareFTE: 0.9 FTE (36 hours
per week)Schedule: 12 hour day shiftsHoliday Rotation: Per Unit
GuidelinesWeekend Rotation: Every 3 rd weekendOn Call Requirements:
Per Unit Guidelines
POSITION SUMMARYProvide quality, professional, general nursing care
to patients. Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing,
documenting, and evaluating patient care for a group of patients on
the unit. Must adapt appropriately to changes in daily assignments,
patient status changes, and unit needs. Responsibilities include
following all standards, practices, policies and procedures of unit
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use and perpetuate the nursing process (assessing, planning,
implementation, and evaluation) throughout the patient's stay.
Ensure that patient care is individualized to meet the patient's
unique needs and situation.
- Initiate, develop and document patient plan of care based on
patient assessment and medical diagnosis and set priorities for
nursing action in accordance with unit policy. The plan of care
will be reviewed/revised every 24 hours at a minimum.
- Within the framework of unit requirements, physician orders,
and policy and procedures, provide care independently with minimal
- Respond to life threatening situations based upon nursing
standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of procedures and
treatments and have the ability to explain them to patients at
their level of understanding.
- Perform or assist with procedures per approved unit policy and
- Observe, record significant condition change, and any reaction
for patients. In a timely manner, notify supervisor or physician of
change in patient's condition, reaction to drug, treatment, and
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Via the electronic medical record (EMR), acknowledge
physician's orders by the process of review and verification. Once
order is acknowledged, follow through on order or delegate in a
- Be proficient in medication administration, including IV
therapy, as evidenced by lack of medication errors.
- Initiate patient/family education plan and discharge needs
according to the individualized needs of the patient/family, as
prescribed by physician and/or hospital policy.
- Delegate to and collaborates with other health team members in
planning and providing care based on patient needs.
- Learn and maintain skills and equipment competencies as needed.
- Safely care for multiple patients. Maintains a safe environment
for patients and uses safety precautions appropriately.
- Demonstrate understanding and utilization of Universal
Precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures.
- Ensure proper handling of specimens.
- Float to other units as necessary.
- Participate in department or unit quality improvement
- Attend 75% of Unit Meetings.Performs progressive care duties as
- Apply and monitor medical equipment and devices such as cardiac
monitors, mechanical ventilators and alarms, external pacemakers,
oxygen delivery devices, transduce/pressure lines and central
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of cardiopulmonary emergencies
and initiate the standardized interventions to stabilize the
patient and prepare for transfer to a higher level of care.
- Interpret arterial blood gas analysis and communicate findings.
- Recognition of indications for and management of patients
requiring noninvasive oxygen delivery systems including oral
airways, high flow oxygen, bi-level positive airway pressure and
continuous positive airway pressure.
- Assessment of the patient receiving mechanical ventilation to
monitor patient response and ensure delivery of prescribed
- May have precepting responsibility for another person.POSITION
- Required: Associate Degree in Nursing
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in NursingExperience:
- Required: None
- Preferred: RNs providing care to progressive care-level
patients must have previous ICU/PACU or Critical Care experience or
have completed SPH's PC Mentorship ProgramLicenses and
- Required: Current State of Wisconsin Registered Nurse license
or Multistate Nurse License
- Preferred: NoneCertification(s):
- Required: Basic Life Support required within 3 months of hire.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required within one year of
hire. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 6 months
- Preferred: None BENEFIT SUMMARY
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility#IND100
Keywords: Sauk Prairie Healthcare, Madison , RN - Acute Care (Full Time Days), Healthcare , Prairie Du Sac, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!