Sterile Processing Tech I/II - University Hospital
Company: UW Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!We are seeking a Sterile
Processing Technician I/II to:
- Work in a fast-paced environment that requires detailed,
- No experience necessary; you will be provided extensive
training at a pace comfortable for you.
- Have a role in keeping our patients safe and know that you are
contributing to our remarkable patient care.
- Interact with cutting edge surgical instrumentation and
- Be a member of a cohesive team assisting and supporting each
- Advance in your career and climb the Reprocessing Department's
- All required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided to
our Sterile Processing Techs which meets OSHA and AMMI
standards.Education:Minimum - High School Diploma or
equivalent.Work Experience :Minimum - No minimum required work
experience.Licenses and Certifications:Preferred - Certification by
CBSPD as a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician
or IAHCSMM as a Certified Registered Central Service
Technician.Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities :
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented and
self-motivated to complete duties in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Basic mechanical ability and mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow safety principles.Physical
Requirements :Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with
frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25
pounds.Work Schedule : Evening Shift Available (details
below).Evening Shift: Full Time, 40 hours per week. 3pm-11:30pm,
M-F with rotating weekends & holidays required. Required Training
Schedule: 7am-3:30pm, M-F for the first, 3 months. If selected for
an interview, shift preferences and availability will be discussed
at that time. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the
department.Pay:Minimum starting pay of $19.05/hr and applicable
experience is rewarded which includes, but is not limited to lab
tech, dental assistant, and food service experience.
- After 6:00pm, you will earn an additional $3.00/hr and on
Saturdays & Sundays, you will earn an additional
$2.25/hr.Location:University Hospital in Madison is a Magnet
--designated facility that's ranked Wisconsin's #1 hospital and
considered one of the nation's leading hospitals, teaching
institutions and referral centers.UW Hospital and Clinics
benefitsUW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be
an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.IND789
Keywords: UW Health, Madison , Sterile Processing Tech I/II - University Hospital, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!