Registration Specialist - River Valley Clinic (Part Time)
Company: Sauk Prairie Healthcare
Location: Spring Green
Posted on: November 22, 2021
POSITION SPECIFICSTitle: Registration Specialist - River Valley
ClinicFTE: 0.5 FTE (20 hours per week)Schedule: Monday - Friday
(start and end times may vary)Holiday Rotation: N/AWeekend
Rotation: N/APOSITION SUMMARYThe Registration Specialist, under the
supervision of the Clinic Manager, provides exceptional customer
service by serving as the frontline ambassador of service between
the patient and the clinic. The Registration Specialist ensures a
positive patient experience from the time a patient accesses the
system.POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIESCustomer Service
- Immediately welcome patients and their family members on the
phone and in person with a warm greeting. Use the patient's name
throughout the encounter, make eye contact and close every
- Answer the telephone within 20 seconds (4 rings) and use the
appropriate greeting to include: the clinic, your name and an offer
- Use professional and courteous language and maintain a positive
tone in every encounter with both external and internal customers.
Actively listen to patients to best meet their needs, while showing
- Keep patients informed of any delays in the process.
- Take responsibility for the encounter and received calls,
including transfers to internal departments.Overall
- Strive to understand and meet the needs of the patient when
multi-tasking, switch gears quickly when checking in, collecting
payments, scheduling, rescheduling, coordinating multiple
appointments and canceling appointments.
- Schedule appointments for patients by following individual
provider protocols and workflows to ensure accuracy in scheduling.
- Ensure that each patient is scheduled with the appropriate
provider based on the reason for their visit.
- Verify patient information and demographics upon check-in.
- Enter complete, accurate phone messages in the computer and
send to appropriate clinical staff.
- Maintain daily and future provider resource schedules,
including schedule maintenance requests (i.e. opening, closing or
changing a schedule) to ensure the provider is scheduled for the
correct location and time.
- Complete consult referrals and informs patient of those
- Understand and follow the proper steps to search for a patient
record and set up of new accounts. Validate, verify or add
insurance, including third party insurance.
- Stay current on Registration workload.
- Ensure that necessary questionnaires are completed for patient
- Follow appropriate guidelines and update appropriate clinical
team for situations when a patient cannot be seen (i.e. late
patient, terminated patient, insurance coverage not accepted, red
- Perform cashiering functions including the collection of
co-payments and self-pay balance payments as well as balancing the
cash drawer daily, voiding payments as needed and researching
issues prior to closing.
- Keeps current with all process changes.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Maintain a neat, clean and professional work area. Keep patient
waiting areas cleaned, organized, and with current resource
- Adhere to departmental expectations (i.e. attend required
meetings; participate in quality and process improvement projects,
- Cross train and staff other clinics as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.POSITION
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: NoneExperience:
- Required: 1 year customer service, reception, or business
- Preferred: 2-3 years of customer service, reception, or
business experience and previous healthcare experience in a medical
clinicLicenses and Registrations:
- Required: None
- Preferred: NoneCertification(s):
- Required: None
- Preferred: NoneBENEFIT SUMMARY
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance#IND101
Keywords: Sauk Prairie Healthcare, Madison , Registration Specialist - River Valley Clinic (Part Time), Healthcare , Spring Green, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!