Health Psychologist - Adult Pain - Research Park Clinic
Company: UW Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!We are seeking a Health
- Provide clinical services to adult outpatients to address
psychological aspects of pain/health/disability.
- Offer individual and group services to decrease the negative
impact of patient's health status, provide interventions to improve
quality of life and management of pain, increase adherence to
prescribed medical treatments and improve overall coping.
- Become a vital member of the outpatient clinic and address
referrals from surgeons, physiatrists, pain medicine providers,
physical therapists, sports medicine providers and Integrative
- Engage in assessments to assist surgeons, rehabilitation
physicians, pain medicine providers or other medical professionals
in determining the appropriateness of surgical
intervention.Education :Minimum - Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or
Psychology (Psy.D.) in Clinical Psychology or related field.Work
Experience :Minimum -
- One (1) year of post-doc experience in the area of Behavioral
Health in a medical setting.Preferred -
- One (1) year of clinical experience or two (2) years of
post-doctoral experience in the area of Health Psychology in a
medical setting.Licenses and Certifications :Minimum -
- Licensure or eligible for licensure as a Psychologist in
- CPR/BLS.Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities :
- Eligible for listing in the National Register of Health Service
Providers in Psychology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide post-doctoral graduate and undergraduate
training, including formal lectures and seminars, to Psychology
interns, medical students, and residents in areas related to Health
- Ability to effectively supervise the work of Psychology
interns, medical students, and residents.
- Ability to provide clinical service to a wide range of ages and
to persons having any number of health-related issues, including
chronic illness, traumatic injury, physical disability, mental
illness, and end-of-life decision making.
- Ability to identify emotional, behavioral and psychosocial
needs and strengths and integrate into care plan.
- Ability to contribute to program development and outcome
- Ability to provide Health Psychology consultation for health
care professionals, family members, and patients.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues in a team
environment and to collaborate with professionals across a variety
- Ability to consistently maintain and convey a positive attitude
and provide excellent customer service in service delivery.
- Flexibility in responding to day-to-day clinical service
demands and provider staffing coverage needs within the Health
Psychology service.Physical Requirements :Light: Ability to lift up
to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of
objects weighing up to 10 pounds.Our Commitment to Diversity,
Equity, and InclusionUW Health is committed to being a diverse,
equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal
Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity
shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work
practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives
and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each
day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color
(BIPOC) individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women,
persons with disabilities, military service members and veterans
are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/veterans.W ork
Schedule :This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position scheduled
to work Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Hours may
vary based on the needs of the department.UW Health Research Park
Clinic - on Madison's west side, is an 84,000-square foot facility
housing physician and rehabilitation professionals in Cardiology,
Integrative Medicine, Orthopedics, Radiology, Spine and Sports
Medicine. Our Fitness Center provides a resource for both working
with patients while under our care and providing education after
discharge. This environment creates many opportunities for
face-to-face collaboration in the care of our patients
Keywords: UW Health, Madison , Health Psychologist - Adult Pain - Research Park Clinic, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!