Clinical Lab Technician - Sun Prairie
Company: SSM Health
Location: Sun Prairie
Posted on: May 6, 2021
- Performs a full range of laboratory tests from simple blood
tests to more complex tests.
- Interprets test reports and communicates findings to
- Escalates unusual, critical or abnormal results.
- Operates complex electronic equipment, computers and precision
- Maintains accuracy of equipment and reagents by performing
established preventive maintenance procedures.
- Assists providers in choosing appropriate lab test.
- Performs and evaluates quality control procedures.
- Operates, maintains, calibrates and troubleshoots
- Assists with the proper storage of hazardous materials.
- Reviews current literature and attends meetings and seminars to
keep informed of new developments in field.
- Assists in the proficiency testing program in the lab.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience and
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , Clinical Lab Technician - Sun Prairie, Healthcare , Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!