Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $24-38 per hour
Posted on: April 9, 2021
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med Surg for a
nursing job in Waupun, Wisconsin.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: PermanentPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides quality care to acute, subacute, and chronically ill
residents, administers medications and treatments according to
standards of care, and maintains competency in all required nursing
- Provides direction to CNAs and monitors the workflow of the
unit to ensure coordination of care. Uses nursing process for:
assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and
evaluation. Report significant changes to physician as
- Maintains accurate inventory of medications at the beginning
and end of each shift. Ensures accurate distribution of medications
to all residents according to the 5 rights. Monitors for medication
side effects. Ensures that medications are provided in a manner
consistent with manufacturer's guidelines.
- Gives guidance and direction to auxiliary staff. Participates
in report meetings at the beginning and end of each shift.
Communicates with residents, guardians, and family members on the
current condition and needs of residents in accordance with
regulations and standards of practice. Provides teaching and
training to residents and families as needed.
- Ensures that preventative measures are in place such as:
specialty mattresses, foam boots, weekly skin checks,
turning/repositioning schedules, toileting schedules, and cushions
in all wheelchairs. Follows up on reports of rashes, open areas,
edema, blisters, skin tears, or bleeding.
- Responds promptly to alarms. Ensures that restraint
alternatives are in place/activated including: personal alarms,
cushion alarms, wheelchair belts, tumble mats, alarm mats,
bolstered beds, hip protectors.
- Provides and ensure quality end of life care. Uses comfort
basket to meet resident and family needs. Ensures hygiene, comfort,
and spiritual needs are met. Treats pain/restlessness. Offers
family courtesy meal trays and other amenities. Demonstrates
compliance with post-mortem care procedures. Participates in
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.This position is full-time working .8
FTE (32 hours/week) on the Evening Shift!Eligible for a $5,000 sign
on bonus!Great benefits and shift differential eligible!Responsible
for providing skilled nursing care to residents according to
established care plan and in compliance with federal and state
regulations. Provides guidance and direction to ancillary
staff.About SSM HealthThrough our exceptional health care services,
we reveal the healing presence of God. SSM Health is a Catholic,
not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs
of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully
integrated health care delivery system. The organization's nearly
40,000 employees and 11,000 providers are committed to providing
exceptional health care services and revealing God's healing
presence to everyone they serve. With care delivery sites in
Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 23
hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and other outpatient and
virtual care services, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home
care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, a health
insurance company and an accountable care organization. It is one
of the largest employers in every community it serves. Our Mission:
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing
presence of God. Spending nearly one year developing a single
Mission statement and values for the entire organization, SSM
Health tasked 3,000 employees with framing it just right. Today
that Mission statement is 13 words - short by design. Inspired by
our founding religious sisters, our Mission defines the way we do
things. Because those words come from employees, we embrace the
mission as our own. Values Inspired by our founding religious
sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person.
Therefore, we find these five values consistent with our heritage
and ministry: - Compassion:--We reveal the healing presence of God
through compassionate care focused on the fullness of the person. -
Respect:--We respect life at all stages and promote the dignity and
well-being of every person. - Excellence:--We provide exceptional
care and service through employees and physicians dedicated to our
Mission. - Stewardship:--We use financial, human and natural
resources responsibly and care for the environment. -
Community:--We cultivate relationships that inspire service and
promote justice in our organization and throughout our communities,
with special concern for the poor and marginalized. SSM Health's
Quality Principles - Patients and other customers are our first
priority. - Quality is achieved through people. - All work is part
of a process. - Decision-making by facts. - Quality requires
continuous quality improvement. Vision Through our participation in
the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, communities, especially those
that are economically, physically and socially marginalized, will
experience improved health in mind, body, spirit and environment
within the financial limits of the system. Benefits - Medical Plans
- Discounted Medical Premiums (if qualified) - Dental Plans -
Vision Plans - Health Savings Account (HSA) - Health Care FSA -
Dependent Care FSA - Retirement Savings - Paid Time Off (PTO) -
Disability - Life Insurance - Tuition Reimbursement - Adoption
Reimbursement - Bereavement - Employee Assistance Program -
Relocation Bonus (if qualified)
Keywords: NurseFly, Madison , Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $24-38 per hour, Healthcare , Waupun, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!