Company: SSM Health
Posted on: January 14, 2021
- Provides quality care to acute, subacute, and chronically ill
residents, administers medications and treatments according to
standards of care, and maintains competency in all required nursing
- Provides direction to CNAs and monitors the workflow of the
unit to ensure coordination of care. Uses nursing process for:
assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and
evaluation. Report significant changes to physician as
- Maintains accurate inventory of medications at the beginning
and end of each shift. Ensures accurate distribution of medications
to all residents according to the 5 rights. Monitors for medication
side effects. Ensures that medications are provided in a manner
consistent with manufacturer's guidelines.
- Gives guidance and direction to auxiliary staff. Participates
in report meetings at the beginning and end of each shift.
Communicates with residents, guardians, and family members on the
current condition and needs of residents in accordance with
regulations and standards of practice. Provides teaching and
training to residents and families as needed.
- Ensures that preventative measures are in place such as:
specialty mattresses, foam boots, weekly skin checks,
turning/repositioning schedules, toileting schedules, and cushions
in all wheelchairs. Follows up on reports of rashes, open areas,
edema, blisters, skin tears, or bleeding.
- Responds promptly to alarms. Ensures that restraint
alternatives are in place/activated including: personal alarms,
cushion alarms, wheelchair belts, tumble mats, alarm mats,
bolstered beds, hip protectors.
- Provides and ensure quality end of life care. Uses comfort
basket to meet resident and family needs. Ensures hygiene, comfort,
and spiritual needs are met. Treats pain/restlessness. Offers
family courtesy meal trays and other amenities. Demonstrates
compliance with post-mortem care procedures. Participates in
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- One year registered nurse experience
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , RN-LTC, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!