Medical Administration Assistant, Post Acute
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: January 14, 2021
- Maintains accurate inventory of medications at the beginning
and end of each shift. Ensures accurate distribution of medications
to all residents, and completes the 3 checks prior to administering
meds. Monitors for medication side effects. Ensures that
medications are provided in a manner consistent with manufacturer's
guidelines. Provides medication pass assistance twice per
- Provides quality care to subacute/chronically ill residents,
assists in the care of acutely ill residents, and administers
medications according to standards of care, and maintains
competency in all required skills. Uses equipment according to
standards of care and policy/procedure. Reports repair needs.
Monitors resident condition and reports significant changes.
- Answers call lights, assists with two person transfers and
ambulation, range of motion exercises, and meal service.
- Participates in report at the beginning of each shift.
Communicates throughout the shift on a timely basis with team
nurse, reporting any changes of condition, or unusual symptoms
immediately. Communicates appropriate information to other care
- Completes all assigned documentation requirements including,
medication/treatment administration. Keeps access code for computer
confidential at all times. Maintains privacy and confidentiality
for residents at all times including resident information in any
format: paper, electronic, video, photographic, and
- Monitors to ensure that preventative measures, as specified on
the residents personalized care card, are in place. Forwards any
reports of rashes, open areas, edema, blisters, skin tears etc.
immediately to the team nurse.
- Responds promptly to all alarms. Ensures that preventative
measures as per resident's care card are in place. Remains alert to
fall risks and utilizes safe room set-up before leaving resident's
- Treats pain and restlessness and assists with hygiene needs for
residents at end of life. Offers family courtesy meals and other
- Complies with safety policies/procedures to ensure safe
practices for residents, staff, self and others. Ensures compliance
with gait belt use for all manually assisted transfers,
locomotion/transfer, lifting devices, resident positioning. Uses
good body mechanics while on duty. Identifies wandering residents
and responds to door alarms.
- Uses and disposes of sharps according to safety standards.
Reports safety incidents, concerns, or hazards to team nurse or
other responsible parties as indicated. Complies with infection
control standards during tour of duty including hand hygiene,
appropriate use of personal protective equipment, and universal
precautions. Maintains residents in isolation when indicated.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalentEXPERIENCE
- One year geriatric experience
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , Medical Administration Assistant, Post Acute, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!