Certified Clinical Laboratory Scientist I - Tuesday - Friday, 11:00am - 9:30pm shift
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation
Posted on: October 18, 2020
The Certified Clinical Laboratory Scientist I performs
laboratory analysis on clinical specimens using established
laboratory procedures. The Certified Clinical Laboratory Scientist
I duties will include but are not limited to; processing of
specimens, performance of moderate, and highly complex analytical
testing, establishing performing and documenting quality assurance,
quality control, equipment maintenance, and accurately documenting
all work performed under the direction of the Laboratory Medical
Director. As a Certified Clinical Laboratory Scientist I you will
recognize and resolve problems using good laboratory practices. The
shift for this position will be Tuesday - Friday from 11:00am -
- Performs moderate, and/or highly complex analytic processes
without direct supervision. Interprets problems with specimens
which meet the rejection criteria for unacceptable samples. Makes
the decision to reject a sample and request recollection to ensure
validity of results.
- Operates laboratory instruments and ensures proper functioning
of laboratory equipment.
- Completes and documents required maintenance activities on
equipment, recognizes and elevates potential issues reporting
service needs to leadership for resolution.
- Performs quality control procedures as specified and maintains
quality control records and documentation necessary to meet the
standards of accrediting agencies.
- Understands appropriate specimen collection, handling and
- Prepares specimens for analysis and determines acceptability of
samples within guidelines.
- Assists in developing procedures for specimen collection,
handling and transport to maintain specimen integrity and
- Validates acceptability of test results by review test
- Identifies the technical, instrumental and/or physiologic
causes of unexpected test results.
- Monitors quality assurance and assists in data collection and
preparation of QA indicators.
- Performs internal and external proficiency testing. Handles
proficiency testing samples in the same manner as patient
- Maintains clean and orderly work area. Cleans bench surfaces
and equipment each shift or after contamination or spill.
- Meets work product output expectations maintaining all section
- Participates in continuing education and staff meetings.
Prepares and presents continuing education programs for department
personnel as requested. Responsible for own professional
- Assists in training and verifying competency of new
- Applies step by step thinking, problem solving and critical
- Contributes to design, research, review and writing of
laboratory manuals. Remains informed of procedure updates and
- Complies with safety and hazard regulations as outlined in the
Clinical Laboratory Safety Manual. Failure to follow safety
protocols will result in disciplinary action. Understands,
maintains and enforces safety guidelines.
- Observes principles of data security and patient
confidentiality. Maintains ethical standards in the performance of
testing and in interactions with patients, co-workers and other
health care professionals.
- Demonstrates adaptability by embracing changes in the
laboratory with a positive attitude.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work outside assigned schedule as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for approximately 25% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 50% of a typical
working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 50% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform
typing for approximately 75% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective
equipment requirements.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical
Technology or in the chemical or biological sciences; or Associates
degree in Clinical Laboratory Science. Must satisfy the education
requirements of the applicable certifying agency, i.e. ASCP.
- Appropriate certification from one of the nationally recognized
certification agencies, i.e. ASCP or state licensure that has been
determined to be equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- 1+ years' experience working in a clinical laboratory
- Experience in molecular testing.We are an equal employment
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed,
disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other
status protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are
available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation, Madison , Certified Clinical Laboratory Scientist I - Tuesday - Friday, 11:00am - 9:30pm shift, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!