Associate Lead Clinical Laboratory
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation
Posted on: October 18, 2020
The Associate Lead Clinical Laboratory (known internally as the
Technical Laboratory Workflow Coordinator) performs and functions
within the Technical Laboratory under the guided direction of the
Technical Laboratory Supervisor, Lead or designee. In this support
position, the Technical Laboratory Workflow Coordinator ensures
daily lab operations are effective and efficient by coordinating
with the Technical Laboratory Supervisor or Lead to anticipate and
resolve issues related to efficiencies in throughput, staffing and
laboratory processes. The Technical Laboratory Workflow Coordinator
is expected to spend approximately 50% of their time performing
laboratory testing on the bench in the same capacity as the
Clinical Laboratory Scientist. We are offering a $2,000 sign on
bonus to new hires for this role.
- Identifies errors and problems and assists in troubleshooting
- Assists the department supervisor in ensuring that all section
turn-around times are maintained.
- Assists the lead and supervisor by answering questions and
following up on concerns.
- Assigns and organizes general workflow and additional work
priorities under the direction of the Technical Laboratory
Supervisor and Lead.
- Maintains ethical standards in the performance of testing and
in interactions with patients, coworkers and other health care
- Assists with knowledge transfer of changes and additions to
laboratory procedures, processes and policies, including
methodology and instrument operation.
- May be requested to give lectures or provide demonstrations.
May assist the education coordinator in the development of
objectives, learning activities and evaluation mechanisms.
- Performs moderate, and/or highly complex analytic processes
without direct supervision. Interprets problems with specimens
which meet the rejection criteria for unacceptable samples. Makes
the decision to reject a sample and request recollection to ensure
validity of results.
- Operates laboratory instruments and ensures proper functioning
of laboratory equipment.
- Completes and documents required maintenance activities on
equipment, recognizes and elevates potential issues reporting
service needs to leadership for resolution.
- Performs quality control procedures as specified and maintains
quality control records and documentation necessary to meet the
standards of accrediting agencies.
- Understands appropriate specimen collection, handling and
- Prepares specimens for analysis and determines acceptability of
samples within guidelines.
- Assists in developing procedures for specimen collection,
handling and transport to maintain specimen integrity and
- Validates acceptability of test results by reviewing test
- Identifies the technical, instrumental and/or physiologic
causes of unexpected test results.
- Monitors quality assurance and assists in data collection and
preparation of QA indicators.
- Performs internal and external proficiency testing. Handles
proficiency testing samples in the same manner as patient
- Meets work product output expectations maintaining all section
- Complies with safety and hazard regulations as outlined in the
Clinical Laboratory Safety Manual.
- Provides limited technical information and/or instruction when
- Contributes to design, research, review and writing of
laboratory procedures as assigned.
- Remains informed of procedure updates and changes and ensures
employees demonstrate knowledge and competency regarding
- Maintains open and effective communication with personnel in
work team, and with members of other teams throughout the
- Demonstrates professional demeanor, in personal appearance and
behavior, in all work-related interactions.
- Provides constructive criticism for modification of laboratory
procedures, policies and scheduling.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to stakeholder requests in a
professional and timely manner.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and strong
attention to detail.
- All assigned job duties are performed following laboratory
policies and procedures.
- Observes principles of data security and patient
confidentiality. Maintains ethical standards in the performance of
testing and in interactions with patients, co-workers and other
health care professionals
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for approximately 25% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to stand up to 40% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a
computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 75% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and
forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical
Technology or in the chemical or biological sciences. Must satisfy
the education requirements of the applicable certifying agency,
- Appropriate certification from one of the nationally recognized
certification agencies, i.e. ASCP or state licensure that has been
determined to be equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation.Preferred Experience
- 2+ years of experience within the Exact Sciences Technical
Laboratory.We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable
local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's
affirmative action program are available to any applicant or
employee for inspection upon request.
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation, Madison , Associate Lead Clinical Laboratory , Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!