Laboratory Processing Exception Handler - Tuesday - Friday, 8:00pm - 6:30am
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation
Posted on: September 13, 2020
The Specimen Processing Exception Handler performs job functions
under the guided direction of the Specimen Processing Manager,
Supervisor, Lead or designee. The Specimen Processing Exception
Handler provides support to both Specimen Processing Laboratory and
the Clinical Laboratory. The Specimen Processing Exception Handler
follows all laboratory procedures and policies and maintains
accurate data reporting practices as needed to ensure consistent
and diligent execution of specimen processing, testing and the
timely generation of patient results. The hours for this position
are Tuesday - Friday from 8:00pm - 6:30am.
- Conducts all assigned job duties in a timely and productive
- Performs all job duties according to laboratory policies and
- Follows proper specimen identification procedures in the
execution of all job duties.
- Processes laboratory specimens with emphasis on accuracy,
timeliness, completeness and compliance. Demonstrates an
understanding of the process; shares process improvement
- Investigates and resolves specimen issue(s) or test issue(s)
for the Exact Sciences Clinical Laboratory Specimen Processing
Department to ensure timely and accurate reporting of results.
- Maintains accurate records of problems and problem resolution
related to specimen processing, specimen storage, specimen testing,
inventory and equipment.
- Handles and disposes of all specimens following standard
precautions and applicable safety policies.
- Works cross functionally with Call Center, Provider Support,
Quality Assurance, Technical Lab and other departments as
- Assists the Trainers, Workflow Coordinators, Leads, Supervisors
and Managers with projects as needed.
- Performs roamer duties, including providing the 2nd signature
for Specimen Processing Associates who encounter a kit with a
- Acts as a subject matter expert for homogenate racking
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6
- Accurately follows written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates understanding of laboratory terminology and
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Disciplined, self-motivated & reliable; able to stay focused on
a task and work independently; motivated to perform quality work
complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and focus on quality
output. Takes ownership for any errors performed and keeps them at
an acceptable level.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the patient behind the
specimen; works to produce the best sample possible; documents,
follows through on problems and works diligently to fix errors in a
way that will not negatively impact patient results.
- Upholds company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality and teamwork.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with all levels of
staff through both verbal and written communications.
- Able to work in a team environment and independently while
maintaining own workflow.
- Treats team members in all roles professionally and
respectfully; assists team members with tasks as needed.
- Adapts to changing workload and circumstances effectively and
responds to new information quickly.
- Works daily to meet the workload demands and contribute to
- Supports and complies with the company's Quality Management
System policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance; diligent about arriving to
work on time.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work designated schedule.
- Able to work nights and/or weekends.
- Able to work overtime as needed.
- Able to lift and move up to 40 pounds up to 25% of time.
- Able to stand, walk, bend and reach on a regular basis
(standing -50% of time; sitting -50% of time).
- Able to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger;
turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Position requires work in normal laboratory environment;
personal protective equipment is required while working in the
- High School diploma or GED.
- 9 + months experience working in a laboratory or similar
environment (i.e. maintaining sample integrity, following
procedures and protocols, sample collection/handling).
- Basic computer skills to include internet navigation, email
usage, and Microsoft Office.
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Able to perform the essential duties of the position with or
- Must be 18 years of age or older.Preferred Qualifications
- Previous experience as Specimen Processing Associate II.We are
an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
and any other status protected by applicable local, state or
federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative
action program are available to any applicant or employee for
inspection upon request.
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation, Madison , Laboratory Processing Exception Handler - Tuesday - Friday, 8:00pm - 6:30am, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!