Clinical Laboratory Quality Control Lead
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation
Posted on: May 23, 2020
The Clinical Laboratory Quality Control Lead provides leadership
services within the quality control team, and within the clinical
laboratory areas. This position is primarily responsible for
assisting the Supervisor, Clinical Laboratory Quality Control in
scheduling, coordinating, and elevating any noted issues to
leadership of required quality control activities in the
laboratory. The Clinical Laboratory Quality Control Lead works
directly with the Quality Control Supervisor to anticipate and
resolve issues related to completing required quality control
sample processing, and timely resolution of any detected issues as
well as staffing, scheduling and throughput issues.
- Understand, perform, and accurately document all required
quality control samples to be run during a given testing period
(daily, weekly, monthly, annually).
- Understand and assist in the technical nature of the position,
if necessary, while working with the Quality Control Technical
- Prepare specimens for analysis and determines acceptability of
samples within guidelines without direct supervision.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of patient test results by
recognizing, investigating and interpreting problems involving
specimen collection, result reporting, abnormal or unexpected test
results and turn-around time.
- Use routine and specialized automated and non-automated,
moderate and/or highly complex laboratory procedures and/or
techniques for which they are qualified and trained and
demonstrates competency according to established lab section
operating procedures without direct supervision.
- Understand NYSDOH, CLIA and CAP requirements of quality control
samples, proficiency testing samples, and other special control
- Comply with, understand, maintain and enforce safety and hazard
regulations as outlined in the Clinical Laboratory Safety
- Observe principles of data security and patient
- Maintain ethical standards in the performance of testing and in
interactions with patients, co-workers and other health care
- Contribute and provide constructive feedback for design,
research, review and writing of laboratory policies and
- Informed of procedure updates and changes and ensures employees
demonstrate knowledge and competency regarding changes.
- Provide information and/or instruction to clients, new
employees, medical students, residents, peers and the public, as
requested and where appropriate.
- Maintain adequate inventory of laboratory reagents and
- Assist with scheduling, tracking, resulting, and inventory
management of all quality control, and other special non-patient
- Responsible for tracking and scheduling reagent lot
- Participate in continuing education, personal development and
staff meetings; prepares and presents continuing education programs
for department personnel, as requested.
- In coordination with the Training department, assists in
training of new employees and implements and assists in training
employees on changes as assigned in response to new technology and
- Maintain open and effective communication with personnel in
work team, and with members of other teams throughout the
- Provide feedback to the Technical Supervisor for employee
- Interact with other healthcare workers to solve problems and
interprets patient lab results within the framework of medical
- Conduct regular check-in meetings with members of the team
along with the Supervisor, Clinical Laboratory Quality
- Ability to respond to stakeholder requests in a professional
and timely manner.
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor, in personal appearance and
behavior, in all work-related interactions inside and outside of
- Demonstrate adaptability by embracing changes in the laboratory
with a positive attitude.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as needed.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds for approximately 25%
of a typical working day.
- Ability to walk, bend and reach for up to 100% of a typical
- Ability to work seated for approximately 50% of a typical
working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 50% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and
forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to hear timer alarms.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a
computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 80% of a
typical working day.
- Manage reporting STAT lab work and perform multiple lab tests
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or Medical
Technology or in the chemical or biological sciences which includes
a minimum of 6 chemistry credits, 6 biology credits and a combined
total of 24 credits in chemistry and biology.
- Appropriate certification from one of the nationally recognized
certification agencies; i.e. ASCP or state licensure that has been
determined to be equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in a laboratory setting.
- 1+ years of experience in performing, reviewing, and
understanding quality control on a routine basis.
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation.Preferred Qualifications
- 2+ years of relevant experience within the Exact Sciences
- 2+ years of experience in a Quality Control related role.
- 1+ years of molecular diagnostic laboratory experience.We are
an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
and any other status protected by applicable local, state or
federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative
action program are available to any applicant or employee for
inspection upon request.
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation, Madison , Clinical Laboratory Quality Control Lead, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!