Associate Lead, Laboratory Processing- Saturday - Tuesday, 2:30pm - 1:00am shift
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation
Posted on: March 28, 2020
The Associate Lead, Laboratory Processing, known internally as
the Specimen Processing Workflow Coordinator, performs the
functions of Specimen Processing under the guided direction of the
Specimen Processing Supervisor, Lead or designee. The Specimen
Processing Workflow Coordinator follows laboratory policies and
procedures and maintains accurate data reporting practices to
ensure consistent and diligent execution of specimen processing. In
this support position the Specimen Processing Workflow Coordinator
ensures daily lab operations are effective and efficient by
providing direction and guidance to employees during their assigned
duty station. The hours for this position are Saturday - Tuesday
from 2:30pm - 1:00am.
- All assigned job duties are performed following laboratory
policies and procedures.
- Ensures prompt, accurate and timely processing and delivery of
all patient specimens.
- Handles and disposes of all specimen following universal
precautions and applicable safety policies.
- Assists the lead and supervisor by assisting coworkers when
needed by answering questions, following up on concerns and
providing guidance to coworkers.
- Maintains accurate records of problems and problem resolution
related to specimen processing, inventory and equipment.
- Assigns and organizes work priorities within the department
utilizing support of Specimen Processing Associates and
- Responsible for creating daily and weekly team schedules
including, but not limited to, break schedule, bench schedule,
continuing education schedules, team meeting scheduling, accession
- Manage incoming sample volume including batch time and status
of incoming kit walk in refrigerator.
- Assures the work quantity and quality of the Specimen
Processing department by effectively directing workflow and
managing available resources.
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months of
- Work flow coordinators will dedicate approximately 75% of their
time working on the bench.
- Other duties as assigned.Mandatory Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to effectively prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Ability to anticipate and alleviate bottlenecks in
- Ability to accurately follow written and verbal
- Ability to create and maintain daily staffing and workflow
- Ability to type 35/wpm.
- Demonstrated understanding of laboratory terminology and
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to Quality Assurance
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
through both verbal and written communications.Necessary Education
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and must be legally authorized
to work in the United States.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a laboratory
- Experience directly or indirectly managing or organizing
workflow or departmental scheduling.Desired Characteristics
- Disciplined, self-motivated & reliable: able to stay focused on
a task and work independently without needing constant supervision;
motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work
on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely
- Possess a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
and the ability to interact and build solid working relationships
with peers at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing
workload and circumstances effectively; able to respond to new
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and focus on quality
- Demonstrated experience in a similar capacity directing and
- Professionalism: conducts themselves in a professional manner
in all interactions with members of the Exact Sciences Clinical
Laboratory team, clients and associates.Physical Requirements &
- Ability to lift and move 20-40 pounds on an occasional basis
(up to 25% of time).
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and reach on a regular basis
(standing -25% of time; sitting -75% of time).
- Position requires work in normal laboratory environment.
Personal protective equipment is required while working in the
laboratory.#LI-JR1We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable
local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's
affirmative action program are available to any applicant or
employee for inspection upon request.
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation, Madison , Associate Lead, Laboratory Processing- Saturday - Tuesday, 2:30pm - 1:00am shift, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!