University Recruiting: Immunology & Immunotoxicology Research Assistant
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Job Overview:We have an exciting opportunity to join our
Immunology and Immunotoxicology team in Madison, WI or Greenfield,
IN.?Company Overview:If you?ve ever taken a medicine, received a
vaccine or had blood drawn for a lab test, you?ve already benefited
from the powerful work of 57,000+ exceptional employees across
Covance and LabCorp. By supporting leading pharmaceuticals and 600+
biotech companies through our contract research organization (CRO),
Covance employees help improve health, improve lives and bring new
medicines to market. Along with our parent company, LabCorp, the
world?s leading health care diagnostics company, we offer dynamic
career opportunities in more than 97 countries.??About the Team:The
Global Immunology and Immunotoxicology (I&I) department,
provides support to Clinical, Safety Assessment (SA), and
standalone studies over a wide range of Immunology and
Immunotoxicology platforms, supporting enhanced solutions based
approach to Clients requests.? I&I focuses on running a variety
of studies to determine if a test article in question could affect
the immune system.? To do this, they test using several methods
including Flow Cytometry, Enzyme Immunoassays and an array of
specific cell based assays (i.e. Natural Killer Cell assay) across
a multitude of instrument platforms.?What to Expect:
- Organizes and conducts routine and non-routine processing in
compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory
- Documents work and maintains study documentation and laboratory
- Sets up, operates and performs routine and non-routine
maintenance on general equipment.
- Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans,
monitors and guides project work.
- Performs QC review of data.
- Informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or
management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the
integrity of the data and participates in corrective action of
- Contributes towards a cohesive team environment.
- Learns to assist in setting up and performing method
development and validation of various Immunotoxicology assays.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Participates in client visits as needed.
- Evaluates data for report preparation and experiment
modification as directed.
- Plans individual workload in coordination with team
- Assists in writing text for reports, methods or
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree or related field.
- Experience may be substituted for education.?Applicants for
this role must participate in a university recruitment event at UW
Madison, Purdue University, Georgia Tech, UW Platteville, Michigan
State, IU-Bloomington, University of IL-Urbana, UW LaCrosse, UW
Stevens Point, UW River Falls, IUPUI, UW Platteville, University of
Indianapolis, Rutgers University, UNC-Chapel Hill, Duke, or
Tennessee Tech during the spring semester of 2020 and must be a
current student with intentions to graduate in May,
- Experience preference: exposure to flow cytometry, ELISAs
and/or tissue culture is desirable.
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment.
- Experience with analytical instrumentation is desired.
- Basic knowledge of computers and software programs.
- Good communication, time management, organizational and
attention to details skills.
Keywords: Covance, Madison , University Recruiting: Immunology & Immunotoxicology Research Assistant, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!