Certified Nursing Assistant - St. Mary's Hospital-Madison
Company: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Role Purpose: Under the clinical supervision of the Registered
Nurse, functions as a member of the health care team to provide
care for patients. Responsibilities:
- Fosters, participates and is knowledgeable in Shared Governance
as defined at St. Mary's Hospital using the conceptual framework
for nursing practice as a guide.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for own practice,
continuing education and competency (i.e., mandatory inservices,
CPR, staff meetings).
- Shares expertise and knowledge with coworkers and peers.
Assists in orientation of new nursing personnel. Supports the
activities, decisions and initiative of colleagues.
- Provides patient care and performs other duties under the
supervision of a Registered Nurse. Completes documentation
according to unit/hospital standards
- Respects the confidentiality and dignity of patients.
Communicates effectively with customers.
- Punctual for reports/breaks. Uses supplies effectively.
Completes work within required shift, i.e., end of shift; OT
minimal or nonexistent.
- Performs Monitor Watcher role which includes running a rhythm
strip for each patient on admission and within an hour of the
beginning of the shift, measures the interval for each patient and
records the data on the strip itself and on the master monitor
sheet, mounts significant rhythm variations and changes in interval
on the 'Monitor Strip' form and places these in the patient's
monitor chart, notifies the patient's nurse of changes in rhythm or
other parameters, maintains alarm settings and volume. Discharges
patient from the monitor. Files all 'Monitor Strip' forms in the
patient's permanent chart.
- Performs EEG monitor watch role which includes obtaining report
from the previous shift's EEG monitor watcher, performs impedance
checks, reapplies EEG electrodes, scans monitors on a continuous
basis and notifies patient's nurse of any target events.
- Performs Unit Secretary role which includes skill and
professionalism in the use of the phone, maintaining, organizing
and updating communication to assure optimal delivery of patient
care and accurately enters/retrieves patient information using
- Performs Unit Assistant role which includes assisting with
transfer, transporting and discharging of patients, ordering and
stocking of supplies, cleans and returns used equipment to
appropriate departments, performs messenger service and delivers
equipment to the unit.
- Performs other duties as requested. Minimum Qualifications:
- Completion of State approved Nursing Assistant Certification
Course or must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited
School of Nursing; required to provide proof of a passing grade in
the "Fundamentals" class.
- Wisconsin Nursing Assistant Certification. Current employees
must maintain BLS certification. New hires must achieve
certification within 3 months of hire.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry out delegated nursing care
procedures. Preferred Qualifications:
- Prefer high school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous Certified Nursing Assistant experience preferred.About
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison: St. Mary's is a 440-bed
tertiary referral hospital offering inpatient and outpatient
treatment and diagnostic services in primary care and nearly all
specialties. Medical/surgical areas of special focus include the
Family Birth Center, pediatrics, Neuroscience Center, geriatrics,
orthopedics, emergency services and more. St. Mary's is affiliated
with the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine's three- year
family practice residency program.
Keywords: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison, Madison , Certified Nursing Assistant - St. Mary's Hospital-Madison, Healthcare , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!