Case Manager (190293)
Company: The Journey Mental Health Center
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours Per Week: 40
Work Hours (i.e. shift): Generally First Shift
Starting Salary Range: $38,107-$48,762
Salary/Benefit Notes: Generous Paid Time Off!
Required Education: Master's Degree
Required Experience: 1 to 20+ years
Required Security Clearance: None
We have an opening for a?Case Manager in our Gateway program!??The
Case Manager (CSII) position is responsible for providing a wide
array of culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive,
direct clinical services including assessment, counseling,
supportive contacts and referrals serving individuals who are
struggling with mental health, substance use and co-occurring
issues. The Case Manager?will provide services that may include
assessment, treatment planning, referrals and case management.? The
Case Manager is a clinical position in a State of Wisconsin
certified Community Support Program- DHS.63.? The Case Manager will
work within an interdisciplinary team to provide day to day
services to adults with serious and persistent mental illness;
including assisting consumers with their rehabilitation efforts,
education and support, medication monitoring and deliveries, and
assessing mental status and symptomology. The Case Manager will
also complete timely and professional documentation.
Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.? It is the agency's belief
that staff?diversity?and cultural humility are the foundation for
services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the
diverse needs of our consumers.?
It is important?that?we choose employees?that reflect our mission,
vision and values, thus our selection process is thorough and
sometimes longer than other employers.
Thank you in advance for providing us with complete and accurate
application materials and for your patience when waiting to hear
Though you may have excellent experience, strong work ethic and
passion for recovery, due to our funding contractual agreements,
candidates we hire must?meet the Essential Qualifications?specified
in the job postings in order to be offered an interview. Please
review the qualifications carefully. We wouldn't want you to put
effort into your application materials if you don't meet the
You can read about the?many benefits?of working at JMHC on our
FOLLOWING IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The Case Manager reports directly to the assigned supervisor with
overall program supervision provided by the Clinical Team
Manager.??Minimum annual service hours are 1200.? This position is
included in the Professional Bargaining Unit.
- Master's Degree in a related behavioral health field, accruing
3,000 hours of supervised clinical experience.Experience
- 1 year?of experience in related behavioral health field.
- Commitment to work toward improving cultural sensitivity.
- Strong commitment to principles of recovery and to facilitating
consumer participation in treatment/service planning and
- Knowledge and/or experience with the use of evidence based
practices for treatment of substance use disorders and co-occurring
- Experience in community-based mental health and co-occurring
assessments, case management, treatment planning and crisis
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in
- Ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team with
a positive and creative attitude.
- Ability to work independently and remain organized and
- Superior ethics and interpersonal boundaries as evidenced by
past experience in community based work with related professional
- Possession of a valid driver's license, a favorable?driving
record, adequate insurance (per WI law) and access to a vehicle
with willingness to use it for work (i.e. transporting
consumers.Typical Physical Demands
Requires driving, sitting, standing, light lifting, bending, and
reaching; and the ability to use and operate standard office
equipment, including computer, calculator, phone, printer, cell
phone, facsimile, etc.
May require evening or weekend hours depending on program and
- Bi-lingual, and/or bi-cultural (Spanish/Hmong/Cambodian).
- Fluent in American Sign Language.
- Licensure as a Substance Abuse Counselor in Training, Clinical
Substance Abuse Counselor or Substance Abuse Counselor.
A. Provision of Clinical Services?
- Performs accurate assessments to evaluate and diagnose mental
health and/or co-occurring issues in a culturally sensitive,
recovery oriented, trauma sensitive manner by providing assessments
within the context of the consumer's perspectives and beliefs.
- Provides a range of clinical services including level of care
assessment, service coordination, therapy/counseling, support and
referrals in a context that is supportive of the consumer's
culture, values and perspectives.
- Completes accurate clinical records including intakes,
assessments, treatment plans and updates, progress notes, discharge
summaries and other information in a timely manner.
- Works collaboratively with other community agencies to develop
and maintain a continuum of care and maintain efficient use of
- Provides consultation and support related to areas of
- Attends Team Meetings and presents consumer cultural and
- Maintains minimum direct and case management service hour
- Works collaboratively with team members and takes a leadership
role in service planning.B. Program and JMHC Participation
- Attends staff meetings, in-services and other program
activities as requested.
- Participates in JMHC committees, trainings and activities as
directed and/or approved.
- Provides consultation to other JMHC programs as necessary.
The above statements are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive
list, but are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by this employee.
?The Journey Mental Health Center
Keywords: The Journey Mental Health Center, Madison , Case Manager (190293), Executive , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!