Human Resources Manager- Embassy Rockford IL, Riverfront
Company: Embassy Suites by Hilton Rockford Riverfront
Posted on: September 22, 2019
OVERALL DESCRIPTION OF JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible
for recruiting, onboarding, training, employee relations, culture,
and employee retention at the hotel. NOTICE: The hospitality
business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees
may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business
needs of the hotel. In addition, this is a hospitality business and
a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
RELATIONSHIPS: This position reports to the General Manager, with a
dotted line relationship to the Corporate Director of Human
Resources, retains relationships with peers and all other
departments within the company, maintains relationships with
current and prospective employees, and maintains relationships with
guests, suppliers, vendors, and others serving the Company or the
hotel. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Please note
that the essential job functions listed here are not all-inclusive,
rather they indicate the types of activities normally performed by
this position and, therefore, may be modified and revised. Other
duties may be required and assigned from time-to-time. Responsible
for talent acquisition/recruiting for the hotel.
- Receives job requisitions.
- Posts job openings using an applicant tracking system
- Reviews resumes and conducts phone interviews.
- Schedules in-person interviews for department heads at the
- Completes offer letters, background checks and references for
- Submits new hire paperwork to the new hire.
- Manages all job descriptions for the hotel.
- Attends jobs fairs as needed for the hotel. Onboarding new
hires at the hotel.
- Prepares for new employees first day.
- Completes first day paperwork with new hire.
- Conducts new hire orientations and provides a tour and
introductions to staff at the hotel.
- Submits any new hire paperwork to corporate HR.
- Responsible for ensuring all employees complete their assigned
Hilton and company training, including safety training.
- Tracks all training requirements for each team member. Benefits
- Provides a benefit packet and benefit overview to new hires,
and provides information for open enrollment.
- Assists employees with benefits questions and the benefits
enrollment process. Ensures that employees complete the required
- Assist employees with payroll questions and assists managers
with the timesheet system.
- Works with the corporate HR office for benefits and payroll
related issues, ACA, FMLA, STD, LTD, and LOA needs.
- Handles Workers Compensation claims and OSHA 300 log reporting
requirements for the hotel.
- Maintains the hotel employees in the HRIS including address
changes, performance reviews, etc.
- Processes employee terminations in the HRIS.
- Completes employment verifications for the hotel employees.
- Responsible for culture orientation, meetings, and events for
the employees at the hotel.
- Acts as culture committee chair, events lead, and lead of the
Hilton make a difference committee.
- Process and submit all employee related paperwork to corporate
HR as needed.
- Handles employee relations issues with team members and
managers. Conducts investigations as needed working with the
Corporate Director of Human Resources.
- Works with the Corporate Director of Human Resources for
elevated employee relations issues and terminations.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs,
events, birthdays, anniversaries.
- Responds to employee questions and concerns.
- Communicates company and human resources policies, procedures,
programs and laws to department heads, managers, and
- Ensures labor law posters are posted and up to date.
- Conducts or sends exit interviews with/to departing
- Completes unemployment paperwork for the hotel employees.
- Other duties as assigned by General Manager or Corporate
Director of Human Resources. JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related degree is required.
- Five or more years of experience as a Human Resources
- Experience in all areas of human resources including
recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, benefits, performance
management, training and development, and employment laws.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ethical and able to handle confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Intermediate experience with MS Office products including Word,
Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Experience working with an ATS and HRIS. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND
WORK ENVIRONMENT: 1. The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, lift, stoop, crouch, reach,
handle, write and operate standard office equipment and telephone.
The employee regularly communicates with employees and vendors. The
employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items.
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30+ pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. 2. Environmental/Atmospheric
Conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
will endure primarily indoor office conditions.
Keywords: Embassy Suites by Hilton Rockford Riverfront, Madison , Human Resources Manager- Embassy Rockford IL, Riverfront, Executive , Rockford, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!