Cloud Engineering Manager
Company: American Family Insurance
Posted on: September 14, 2019
At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and
employees. That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide
opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a
new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next,
you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts
with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team.
Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:Job ID: R13093 Cloud Engineering
Manager (Evergreen) (Open)Summary:The Cloud Engineering Manager is
responsible for the definition, design, implementation,
administration, and continual improvement of the organizations'
cloud services and associated processes. Manages relationships with
multiple stakeholders; assembles and manages a cross-functional
team; defines implementation plans, effort and cost; manages risk
and problems, and assesses the quality of
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support, or service
- 10 years of experience; at least 7 in a management role, at
least 2 years leading Cloud development efforts, with a focus on
distributed systems architecture, design and development.
- Empathy for delivery teams and a passion for improving both
productivity and experience for engineering teams.
- Expert in Spring, Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes - at scale -
with experience deploying applications with a combination of
internal and external Cloud providers.
- Deep understanding of Cloud and infrastructure components
(server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver
end-to-end Cloud infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Demonstrated ability to architect and build high-volume,
critical micro-services, and Cloud-native applications.
- Experience using, and writing, architectural patterns, standard
methodologies, and guidelines for enterprise applications.
- A fundamental desire and focus on minimizing overhead and
complexity while empowering and enabling self-managing & agile
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal
skills are essential, as are strong diplomatic skills and the
ability to manage multiple stakeholder groups.
- Contributions to open source technologies and building
development communities across organizations.
Additional Job Information:Candidates selected for an interview
with the hiring manager will be asked to complete a leadership
We are open to individuals in either Seattle, WA / Boston, MA /
Chicago, IL or Madison, WI
--- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the
results of applicable background checks.
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a
non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade
secrets, and inventions.
- Relocation assistance is available.Job Description:Job Level
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors
- Has accountability for the performance and results of a team
within own area of specialty
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource
and operational challenges
- Decisions and problem solving are guided by policies,
procedures and department plan; receives guidance from manager
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a
modernization roadmap and architect solutions to meet business and
IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and
successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing
key infrastructure technologies.
- Manages the design, development, engineering, implementation
and operations of servers, technology infrastructure, networks,
websites and telecommunication services provided by external
cloud/hosting providers, and in-house development teams.
- Oversees the development of product roadmaps and backlogs that
are prioritized based on short-term and long-term value
- Drives product development towards a meaningful balance between
user needs, business objectives, resource utilization, and
- Manages the performance and availability with minimal
downtime/disruption of Cloud vendor and internally provided IT
- Coordinates with internal/external project team in leading
cloud and end user service delivery implementation plans and
ensures completion of projects on schedule and within budget.
- Lead efforts in the implementation and adoption of Cloud best
practices and methodologies.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common
vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing
outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance
feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and
establishing performance & development plans.
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!LI:BP1
Keywords: American Family Insurance, Madison , Cloud Engineering Manager, Executive , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!