Company: American Family Insurance
Posted on: September 13, 2019
At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and
employees. That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide
opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a
new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next,
you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts
with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team.
Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:Job ID: R11323 Treasury Manager
(Open)Summary:Develops and executes the central enterprise treasury
strategy of insurance and non-insurance entities, through leading
financial valuation modeling, operational liquidity management,
external banking services, establishment of borrowing and credit
programs, and free cash flow performance measurement and reporting.
Responsible for the strategic development, ongoing management and
analysis of financing strategies that immediately and directly
impact the enterprise cost of capital. Represents the Finance
Division as an enterprise financial expert in matters concerning
M&A transactions, financial instrument valuation, cash flow
performance, and banking products and services. Leads the
development and maintenance of leading KPIs of organizational
performance, develops and presents actionable insight to senior
leadership based on trends and data
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or related field.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service
- Knowledge of banking operations.
- Knowledge of commercial banking.
- Knowledge of securities industry
- Knowledge of treasury management.
Additional Job Information:
- Candidates selected for an interview with the hiring manager
will be asked to complete a leadership skills assessment.
- CTP - Certified Treasury Professional designation helpful
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the
results of applicable background checks
- Offer to selected candidate in contingent on signing a
non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade
secrets, and inventions
- Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing
employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations.
Sponsorship will not be considered for this position
- Relocation assistance is available
Job Description:Primary Accountabilities
Enterprise Treasury Operations and Capital Structure
- Oversees and measures capital structure, identifies improvement
strategies through opportunities collaboratively developed with
tax, investments, banking and enterprise capital management.
- Serves as primary point of contact for the centralized treasury
department and across the enterprise for cross-divisional
- Develops and oversees implementation of consistent,
centrally-managed treasury processes, procedures and systems.
- Analyzes and recommends potential alternative financing
structures and explains/shows their impact on EPS, balance sheet,
tax effects, and financial ratios.
- Supports M&A activity related to treasury functions,
including leading finance modeling, due diligence and treasury
Strategies linked to Enterprise Treasury Function and
- Analyzes, interprets and communicates operating cash flow
performance for insurance and non-insurance entities to provide
actionable guidance and insight to divisional and enterprise
- Develops, interprets and presents free cash flow analyses at
the enterprise and company level.
- Analyzes enterprise and company level performance of treasury
functions, recommends initiatives for strategic planning and
monitors progress of achieving established goals/objectives.
- Stays abreast of AP/AR best practices and identifies
opportunities to improve the cash conversion cycle across the
enterprise; develops and leads initiatives to capture them.
- Serves as subject matter expert for banking, financing and
- Identify and establish processes and controls to mitigates
financial and operational risks in Treasury related
- Maintains an active awareness of treasury and industry
regulatory changes that impact American Family's exposure to PCI,
NACHA and fraud.
Technical Finance and Valuation
- Leads research/design, maintenance, reporting and presentation
of key financial metrics, at the enterprise and company level, used
for valuation, governance and support for decisions relating to
M&A deal structure, capital investments, debt refinancing, and
cash generation performance. Metrics include: Internal cost of
capital, Weighted average cost of capital (Mkt-based and actual),
cost of funds, free cash flow to the firm/equity, and
target-specific discount rates for valuation.
- Stays abreast of industry standards and best practices for
measurement methodologies and presents enterprise and company level
performance across enterprise.
Enterprise Liquidity Management
- Establishes enterprise policies and oversees all cash
management functions including cash position, short term debt, cash
flow forecasting mechanisms, wire transfer management, banking
administration and analysis/reporting of operational
- Develops and executes enterprise-wide statutory
bonds-on-deposit program to establish, roll and retire positions
required by each state's insurance regulators for each
- Develops and oversees execution of excess cash policy and
collaborates with Investments Division to maximize yield on excess
- Leads development and consistent implementation of cash flow
forecasting policies, tools and operating mechanisms across all
Enterprise Bank Management
- Manages and negotiates all bank products, financial
instruments, financing solutions and brokerage relationships
pertaining to long-term financing, working capital management, bank
fees and alternative financing sources. Ensure all subsidiaries and
affiliates are receiving best pricing for banking needs.
- Develops and oversees bank partner performance analysis and
reporting program to monitor current banking performance and
identify improvement opportunities.
- Oversees all back office support for in-house banking, netting
and pooling of enterprise liquidity.
- Oversees letters of credit and line of credit programs, and
develops financing alternatives for large transactions.
- Researches and develops recommendations for alternative
internal and external sources for funding mechanisms and working
capital based on available products and capital market
- Serves as single point of contact for banking and financing
needs for all non-insurance subsidiaries and affiliates.
Strategies Linked to the Division's Business Goals / Results
- Establishes, communicates, and implements departmental missions
- Participates as member of the management team.
- Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business
environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key
Management/Leadership for Individual Department
- Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve
operational goals and deliver measurable results. This is done in
accordance with company policies and practices.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance
feedback, providing effective performance reviews, and establishing
- Prepares and analyzes unit plans and reports. Responsible for
the design and maintenance of the Treasury Department metrics
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus
affecting the results of the operating area.
- Performs administrative activities in a timely manner necessary
to effectively manage the department including, but not limited to,
budget preparation, report preparation, salary administration.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common
vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing
outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!LI:MN1
Keywords: American Family Insurance, Madison , Treasury Manager, Executive , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!