Occupational Health & Safety Manager
Company: Duluth Trading Company
Location: Mount Horeb
Posted on: November 20, 2023
This role is responsible for examining the workplace for
environmental or physical factors that could affect employee or
guest health, safety, comfort, and performance. This role is also
responsible for reducing the frequency and severity of accidents.
To be successful in the role, you will need to work closely with
management, employees, and relevant regulatory bodies to ensure
compliance with applicable health and safety regulations and to
promote a culture of safety throughout the organization.
Position Details: Work Environment:
At Duluth Trading Company, we fundamentally believe in strong
in-person interactions as our culture thrives when we learn,
create, and collaborate with each other. The position will be based
in our corporate headquarters, near Madison, WI.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, publish, and maintain OSHA Compliance Standard
Operating procedures to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations to
include material handling equipment, hazard communication, life
safety devices/systems, and personal protective equipment.
- Develop proactive programs to foster a culture of safety and
accountability throughout the organization to minimize the
frequency and severity of accidents.
- Collaborate with management and department heads to establish
and maintain a comprehensive safety training program for all
employees.This will include but is not limited to Lift Truck, Lock
Out Tag Out, Blood Borne Pathogen, General Safety Inspections, PPE,
and Hazardous Communication.
- Manage site-level insurance claims including workers'
compensation, general liability, and property damage. Prepare
reports and presentations for management on safety
- Develop and audit required inspection processes and annual
compliance training per State and OSHA compliance standards.
Conduct regular inspections and audits of the workplace to identify
potential hazards, risks, and non-compliance issues. Develop and
implement compliance training per state and OSHA compliance
- Complete workplace injury investigations and report findings.
Includes creating, implementing, and managing the process.
Investigate and analyze accidents, injuries, and near-miss
incidents. Develop and implement measures to prevent
- Maintain up-to-date OSHA 300 recordkeeping for each calendar
year and facilitate posting requirements. Includes creating,
implementing, and managing the process.
- Develop safety committee topics to promote awareness and
engagement in health and safety matters.
- Provide guidance and support to employees and management on
health and safety-related matters, including the interpretation and
application of policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of changes in health and safety regulations and
best practices. Advise management on emerging issues and recommend
appropriate actions. What We're Looking For:
- Degree/certification or equivalent experience in Safety related
- Equivalent work experience would be considered
- 4+ years of experience working occupational safety
- Certified Safety Professional (preferred)
- OSHA Certification
- Proven experience in developing and implementing health and
safety programs in a corporate environment.
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal health and safety
regulations and standards.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the
ability to identify hazards and risks and develop effective control
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability
to effectively communicate health and safety concepts to employees
at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in conducting investigations and root cause analyses
of accidents and incidents.
- Proficient in using computer software and applications related
to health and safety management.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and
- First Aid & AED (preferred)
- Ability to stand, walk, lift up to 50 pounds Duluth
Headquarters Benefits and Perks
As we continue to grow Duluth Trading Company and its house of
brands, the perks have perked up, too. We've boosted an already
impressive benefits package to include: 12-week full-pay parental
leave, paid holiday time for the important observance of Martin
Luther King Jr. Day and Juneteenth, and more! Why'd we go all out?
Because our pursuit of a better way means that when it comes to
great talent, better perks are a given.
Compensation Range: $88,000 to $110,000/year
Compensation is based on several factors including but not limited
to education, work experience, certifications, etc.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a
guideline for the general duties of the position and are not
exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job. Duluth Trading
Company is an equal opportunity employer.
About Duluth Trading Company: Started in 1989, Duluth Trading
Company exists to enable hard-working individuals to take on life
with their own two hands. Folks that revel in doing it the hard way
and celebrate finding a better way. We seek talented individuals
who share these beliefs and are excited to further the Duluth
Trading legacy with a digital-first mindset, always moving forward
and always innovating.
From ingenious Duluth workwear, to comfortably capable Buck Naked
Underwear, to outside-embracing AKHG, to meticulously built and
sourced Best Made, it's all about the innovative gear and gadgets
that equip customers for a more hands-on way of life.
Top-notch quality, immersive storytelling, outstanding customer
service, and the shared belief that the go-all-in-and-dig-deep
spirit exists with everyone are what sets Duluth Trading Co. apart.
We seek talented folks looking to be part of a can-do team that's
hellbent on helping the world to gear up, get its hands dirty, and
Keywords: Duluth Trading Company, Madison , Occupational Health & Safety Manager, Executive , Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!