Vice President of Lending - Brewery Credit Union
Company: WISCONSIN CREDIT UNION LEAGUE
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Vice President of Lending - Brewery Credit UnionJob Posted: Feb
Job Expires: May 31, 2023 SummaryParticipate in strategic planning
and the development of credit union policies, procedures, and
goals. Accountable for the credit union's administrative management
of loan functions. Develop and implement consistent organizational
policies and procedures that comply with external regulations.
Support and lead residential mortgage department, indirect lending,
and consumer lending. Ensure maximum profitability of lending
activities that are also in the best interest of the
- Accountable for planning, organizing, and directing the credit
union's collections, consumer lending functions, and mortgage
- Set the Loan Department's strategic plans to align with the
credit union's business plan. Establish and ensure the
implementation of target goals for the department.
- Ensure lending activities result in the credit union achieving
its greatest volume potential, providing appropriate profit for the
credit union, managing risk, all with delinquency and charge-off
ratios that are relevant to managing a risk-based lending
- Ability to incorporate technology for improving the member
experience for delivering the loan product to our members, improve
the underwriting process in consumer lending, and maximize
cross-sell opportunities of credit union loan products and
- Create the budget for the department and track on an ongoing
basis for adherence.
- Develop, implement, and monitor policies and procedures in
accordance with credit union goals and strategies. Work with other
departments to maintain consistency in credit union policies and
- Oversee and monitor the loan function to achieve its strategic
goals. Direct the work of loan department in all areas of
underwriting, loan processing, loan documentation, and approval or
denial loans for consumer, mortgage, or member business loans.
- Accountable for the sale of residential mortgage loans on the
secondary market and the on-going servicing of residential mortgage
loans thar are held in portfolio or sold with servicing
- Interview loan applicants, resolve member complaints, and
approve or deny loan applications as needed.
- Oversee the development and monitoring of performance
standards. Provide mentoring, coaching, or training to assist and
develop managers and staff.
- Research and evaluate the feasibility of new lending products.
Develop and implement plans for expansion of lending programs. Keep
abreast of changes in the industry and changing trends in lending
and react to changes in a way that maintains competitiveness.
- Work with loan managers, loan officers, loan support staff and
members on complex issues to prevent loss to the credit union and
support the membership.
- Monitor competitor interest rates and terms to provide input
and recommendations. Oversee implementation for lending interest
- Define appropriate limits of authority for loan and mortgage
- Establish and monitor effective control procedures for late
and/or delinquent or potentially delinquent loans. Authorize legal
proceedings. Identify and recommend loans for charge-off.
- Evaluate vendors to partner with the credit union.
- Recommend new loan products and services, and changes in
existing loan products and services to meet the financial needs of
the credit union.
- Represent and promote the credit union as external functions.
- Served successfully in a leadership role within the financial
industry for at least two or more years.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business Administration or
related field.About the OrganizationBrewery Credit Union was
founded in 1934 to represent the many breweries and malting
companies in Milwaukee. In 1971, the credit union opened to the
public and currently serves anyone who lives or works in Milwaukee,
Ozaukee, Racine, Kenosha, Waukesha and Washington counties. We are
a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) designated by
the US Treasury. As a CDFI, we believe everyone deserves the
opportunity to achieve financial security and have access to safe,
low-cost financial products and services.How to ApplyPlease send
your resume to Brewery Credit Union
Keywords: WISCONSIN CREDIT UNION LEAGUE, Madison , Vice President of Lending - Brewery Credit Union, Executive , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...