Plumbing Department Manager
Company: EMCOR Group Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Illingworth-Kilgust Mechanical is an innovative commercial HVAC,
facilities, and MEP services company. Through innovative design,
quality execution, and 90+ years of experience providing total
mechanical solutions, we help clients across Wisconsin meet their
facilities' full lifecycle requirements.We are looking for
employees to be part of a rewarding, productive work environment.
Together, we solve complex challenges, complete ambitious projects,
and deliver top-quality service. Our drive to create more
efficient, sustainable, comfortable environments for our customers
continues to fuel our strong market position - and is the
foundation on which our employees build fulfilling careers.To
encourage the development of your full potential, we offer vast
opportunities to learn new skills and experience innovation at
work.Job Title: Plumbing -Department ManagerJob Summary: The
Department Manager is responsible for operational and sales
leadership within the department. Ensures the highest quality of
customer service is provided at all levels from sales, project
execution, and continued support.Essential Duties and
- Provides overall leadership for the department. Manages
department goals and ensures department and division goals
- Responsible to seek out/complete bid opportunities through
client relationships, network opportunities, public/private
postings, assigned bid opportunities, etc.
- Works to ensure all aspects of project are met safely, on/under
budget and in the appropriate time frame allowed. Support and
direct employees on safety practices and hazard communication in
bidding processes (pre-bid meetings, hazard assessments, etc).
- Monitors progress towards annual goals and makes adjustments to
- Directly oversees staff in assigned department. Sets goals,
reviews performance and develops staff to reach their potential.
Coordinates the regular review of staff, providing input on
performance highlights and improvements needed.
- Provides supervision and leadership to the department by
providing guidance in several area's including: mentoring and
coaching, individual development plans, setting goals and
priorities for individuals.
- In collaboration with the Human Resources Manager, ensure
proper employee support and needs are addressed in a timely
- Determines and implements opportunities for margin enhancement
and manages department budget. Has bottom line responsibility for
department profitability. Enforces margin structure for department,
monitors sales and margins looking for slippage.
- Develops growth strategies for the department with Division
Manager and Branch Manager. Drives expansion of sales and customer
- Remains aware of the competition in the marketplace and is
ready to react accordingly to changes.
- Aids and assists in preparation of estimates, supporting and
mentoring direct reports or other employees as needed. Assigns
bidding opportunities in conjunction with staff talent and
experience (or development.)
- Report on WIP (work in progress/forecasting) statistics at
monthly financial meetings. -
- Oversees Field Superintendents and provides guidance for field
- Develop good relationships with field staff to ensure strong
project communication between project managers and field project
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with current
clients; responsible for creating relationships with potential
- Promotes a team atmosphere and builds loyalty for
- May perform field activities and job site visits as
- Participates in Division/Company meetings as requested.
- Performs additional assignments as requested and maintains a
- Adhere to current Illingworth-Kilgust Mechanical policies &
procedures, and programs.Minimum Qualifications:
- Must have knowledge of the appropriate codes and standards
which govern design and operating requirements.
- Proven ability to successfully manage assigned projects that
meet or exceed project schedule and cost estimate.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree
in Construction Management or related field preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must be organized, detailed and able to prioritize tasks.Notice
to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and
emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies -list
open positions here . Please check our available positions to
confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its
companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or
other similar services. -If an individual is contacted for services
outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably
fraudulent. -We offer our employees a competitive salary and
comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for
individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to
our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity
Keywords: EMCOR Group Inc., Madison , Plumbing Department Manager, Executive , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!